Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by janjuna

Member Name: janjuna
Cruise Date: July 2011
Cabin Category: A1

Mediocre cruise at best
We had heard so many people tell us how lovely the Royal Caribbean cruise ships were. I was so disappointed. The food was horrible. The Windjammer Marketplace (the main breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet restaurant) was not designed well to seat so many people. Finding a table is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. My pet peeve was the food was labeled in so many different languages but you never knew what the ingredients were of the dishes. There were dishes I didn't recognize and the buffet servers didn't speak English to tell you what meats were in the dishes. It was like a very bad potluck. The desserts were a step below Old Country Buffet level.

The main dining room food was horrendous. I found a nail in my ice tea (don't know if it was a toe nail or a finger nail - it doesn't really matter). I did not go back to drink the iced tea. I was also given a coffee cup with lipstick on it (not mine).

We missed the transportation to one of the excursions we booked in Haiti because the kiosk was not marked well, we arrived 2 minutes late but were given a refund for that excursion. The excursion to Jamaica was amusing. We bought a Chukka Beach Break excursion. The driver took us on a shuttle ride to a run down house filled with vicious looking dogs and told us the beach was a feet feet down and that we can walk the rest of the way. We did not.

One odd thing is we never heard any announcements about arriving at any ports of call from our cabin. The only time we heard the Captain was the first day announcing the Safety Drill. On other ships you always heard the Captain announcing arrivals, time, and other tidbits and the Cruise director announcing events around the ship from the comfort of your room. Not here. It was weird.

The entertainment was the only saving grace. It was excellent. Book the shows well in advance before you leave for your trip. The service is awesome as well. I wont be going on RC ever again though.

Publication Date: 07/21/11