“Mediocre cruise at best”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

janjuna Oasis of the Seas 3 Mediocre cruise at best
janjuna
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
We had heard so many people tell us how lovely the Royal Caribbean cruise ships were. I was so disappointed. The food was horrible. The Windjammer Marketplace (the main breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet restaurant) was not designed well to seat so many people. Finding a table is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. My pet peeve was the food was labeled in so many different languages but you never knew what the ingredients were of the dishes. There were dishes I didn't recognize and the buffet servers didn't speak English to tell you what meats were in the dishes. It was like a very bad potluck. The desserts were a step below Old Country Buffet level.

The main dining room food was horrendous. I found a nail in my ice tea (don't know if it was a toe nail or a finger nail - it doesn't really matter). I did not go back to drink the iced tea. I was also given a coffee cup with lipstick on it (not mine).

We missed the transportation to one of the excursions we booked in Haiti because the kiosk was not marked well, we arrived 2 minutes late but were given a refund for that excursion. The excursion to Jamaica was amusing. We bought a Chukka Beach Break excursion. The driver took us on a shuttle ride to a run down house filled with vicious looking dogs and told us the beach was a feet feet down and that we can walk the rest of the way. We did not.

One odd thing is we never heard any announcements about arriving at any ports of call from our cabin. The only time we heard the Captain was the first day announcing the Safety Drill. On other ships you always heard the Captain announcing arrivals, time, and other tidbits and the Cruise director announcing events around the ship from the comfort of your room. Not here. It was weird.

The entertainment was the only saving grace. It was excellent. Book the shows well in advance before you leave for your trip. The service is awesome as well. I wont be going on RC ever again though.

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Aquatheater Suite with Balcony

A114315
tiny closet space, we were in a balcony room facing the aqua theater. we can hear the scream of the zipliners. it was kind of noisy. very comfortable beds. Stateroom steward was very nice.

Port
Santiago and Carlos were superb. They were our drivers on board the Jet Boat to Isla Passion. That was a great excursion. You go this one RIGHT. Ida, our tour guide was fantastic.

Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Port
the driver didn't know where Chukka Beach was. He tried to drop us off at a private residence telling us to walk the rest of the way. Totally unacceptable. He finally took us the proper spot but it was pretty scary, once there the trip was nice. The beach was nice and the lunch prepared by the Natives was nice.

Read 794 Falmouth Reviews
Published 07/21/11
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?