2. Housekeeping staff keep the cabins very clean and tidy.
3. Three coin laundries for guest use.
4. Section of deck dedicated for adults (no children) so adults can get away from noise.
5. Nice water slide (although need to increase water volume because you can feel seems in tubes as you are passing through)
6. Plenty of hot tubs.
7. Plenty of bars
8. Sochi bar in afternoon seems popular with passengers
9. Pizza bar seems popular with kids
10. Ice cream machines are popular with passengers
11. Wait staff in dining rooms very good
12. A very good female vocalist accompanied the show band sometimes.
1. Heavy emphasis on commercializing passengers. Frequent exposure to marketing messages throughout cruise.
2. Art auction continually promoted.
3. No more free motion sickness More
pills from Carnival. There is now a premium price for this once free service.
4. No midnight buffet
5. No captain's greeting or reception.
6. Price of drinks has increased. Mixed drinks around $10. Beer around $6.
a. It seemed to us that a much smaller proportion of passengers were buying beverages than what we have seen in our previous cruises.
7. Shore excursions too expensive. For example, a round trip bus ride offered by the cruise cost us $60/person and another passenger took the public bus for $12.
8. Quality of food is not characteristic of fine dining.
a. You could make reservations at the "upscale" steak house for an extra $30/passenger.
b. Poor quality of coffee on Lido deck and room service. You could get good coffee by ordering a cappuccino in the dining rooms (free) or at the cafe on the ship for a fee.
9. Unenthusiastic entertainment staff. Weak presence among passengers. Little passenger interaction or involvement. Seemed disinterested.
a. Cruise director (John Heald) needs to do a better job at learning how to be humorous without lowering the dignity of passengers.
b. Surprisingly little on-ship entertainment (trivia contests, etc.) offered during port days
10. Salt water pools are too small for a ship this size (too crowded)
a. Salt water in pools not changed at night.
11. Insufficient pool side music during cruise. I've been on smaller ships that offered much more.
12. Noise travels easily into cabins from other cabins and hallway.
13. Need a king size matrice instead of two twins pushed together.
14. Need more variety of television programming
a. Now emphasizing pay television
15. Internet is too expensive at 75 cents/minute for a slow connection.
16. Quality of entertainment could be improved.
a. Generally it feels like you're getting B list talent.
b. An emphasis on comedians, but quality was inconsistent.
c. The show band was good but small.
d. The main shows emphasized scenery, lighting, and costuming. There were two productions which were weak on story but strong on the singing of the two performers with microphones. Only two performers ever sang. The rest danced
17. Heavy emphasis on preparing passengers for a quick debarkation that began two days before end of cruise.