Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Coopersdad

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: A7
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Supurb Cruise on a beautiful ship
My partner and I just got back from a 14 night cruise of the Baltic on the Queen Elizabeth and It was the trip of a lifetime. From the moment we boarded, I knew this was going to be a special experience. On the Queen Elizabeth, you are made to feel most welcome, and more important, respected. From the cabin stewards to the restaurant staff to the bartenders, you are made to feel welcome and pampered. On other cruises, that feeling hasn't always been there. On Cunard, you are treated to the little things that really make a difference in a vacation. Here's a good example, one of the days happened to coincide with my partner's birthday, so I booked a dinner in the Veranda Grill. We sat down and had an absolutely fantastic meal. After finishing up we asked for the check, only to be told that our dinner was comped! I can't imagine this happening on any other cruise line. I'm sure it doesn't happen often on Cunard either, but what a nice birthday surprise!

Before going on this trip I spent time reading all the reviews of the ship, and yes, everyone has a different experience. But I can say without doubt that I will definitely travel on this ship again sometime in the future. With that being said, there are one or two things that I would hope to see changed. Namely the entertainment. Cunard and this ship in general caters to a passenger age group to be in their 50"s to 70's. For some reason they think that people in our age group (I'm 53) are turned on by really boring and nonsensical stage productions and performers who think we want to hear them sing music from the nineteen twenties. It's like they've never heard of an invention called an electric guitar. The banality of the entertainment on board became a running joke amongst our dinner companions every night.

The other thing that I might add that got on my nerves a bit was the inexperience of the tour guides and bus drivers in the port stops. Of course I know these people are only contracted out by the company, but Cunard needs to screen them more carefully to make sure they get knowledgeable and pleasant guides for all of their tours, especially considering the high cost of the excursions. In the end, these are small complaints that shouldn't stop anyone from boarding this ship for an extraordinary cruise experience.

Publication Date: 07/19/11