Disney Dream Cruise Review by nikon6092: Awesome cruise with minor problems

nikon6092
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.3

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Awesome cruise with minor problems

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My family of five just returned home from our cruise. It was amazing.

Staff

The cruise staff was very helpful in helping us get set up in our stateroom. Our Stateroom hostess was very friendly and provided a clean room every evening with a different towel animal every evening. Our dining staff went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our meals. We sat at table 17 with Danny being our server and he was amazing with our kids, two 13 yr old and one 17 yr old. They really had a good time with him and already miss his antics. I rate the staff 10+

Food

We ate at the Cabana every morning for breakfast, Enchanted Garden the first night, The Royal Palace the second and third nights. The Animators Palate the fourth night and back to the Enchanted Garden the last night. Being raised on Butter Beans and Squash our palates are not used to fine foods that were served in the restaurants. We got to try a lot of new things and enjoyed most. If we could not eat More what was ordered, an alternative was offered. The food on Castaway Cay was awesome. A good selection was offered and everyone got plenty to eat. We were told by the travel agent that soft drinks would be included with your meal and available during the day but at a charge. This is not the case on the Dream. They have several drink station on deck 11 which includes hot coffee, ice and a wide selection of soft drinks. Lets not forget the free ice cream that's also located on deck 11. I rate the food a 9.

Youth Programs

The programs are divided into age groups. My daughters are 13, the Tweens club was from 11 - 13, my girls felt like they were too old to be in the tweens cub. Most of the activities were designed for younger kids. My 17 yr old had a blast in the Vibe and my girls ended up spending their time with him after we had to sign permission forms. Rating 7

Shows

One word, Awesome!!. Never seen anything like it. Typical Disney.

Problems

This is a big ship with a lot of guest. The problems we had were not with the ship, the staff nor with the food but with the guest themselves. We ran into a lot of people that honestly believe that they didn't have to stand in a line to wait on anything. Whether it was a line for the drink station, the line for the shuttle, waiting for the elevators, or the line to disembark, we had people go around the lines to get in front. Many times we were waiting on the elevators and we had one family come up after us and push their way in front and make sure they went on first when the doors open. Young kids were not supervised by their parents and I had to stop two young boys from throwing shuffleboard disks overboard.

Overall it was a wonderful trip and we will try to back when we can raise the funds. We had no problems with the staff. They was always polite and always made sure we had the right of way in the halls and through the doorways. I don't know his name but there was one host that served rooms down the hall from us that was always working. In fact, we saw him more than we did our own hostess. It's my opinion that when you have a ship that can carry as many people as the Dream can, you're going to have problems. Too many people. But, Disney did a awesome job and it showed by the way we were treated by the staff and crew. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 10 7134

Awesome. The room was bigger than I thought. It was tight with a family of five but we were able to manage.

We did the sea and see excursion. The "submarine" was pretty good, didn't see many fish but the reef was beautiful. The harbor trip was pretty good as we were entertained by our tour guide. The tour on the island was OK. The most interesting thing that happened was when the bus driver went down a narrow road with cars on one side and light poles on the other. Our driver hit one of the poles trying to avoid the cars parked on the other putting a large dent on the passenger side.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews