Sea Princess Cruise Review by DuaneO: A very nice cruise, no Noro issues - but some heavy seas
Overall Member Rating
A very nice cruise, no Noro issues - but some heavy seas
Embarkation: San Francisco
I will try to be brief with this review.
1. The SF port is very nice, close parking and easy in and out for travel. Parking was $12 each day, cost $132 for total trip (they charged for 11 days). The porter service is easy and they take the baggage quickly. We found our bags in the state room when we got on board.
@. We were delayed this time, due to a Noro virus issue from the last cruise. We got on board around 4 PM, so we had to kill time. It was easy to do, we we in San Francisco. What a nice place to kill time. Once on board, they didn't have us do the Muster drill until the next day (9:45AM).
3. Food was very good, I guess I have a different taste from what other have reported; my wife and myself including the folks at our table all thought the food was really good this cruise. The crew did serve the food in the buffet line; for about 6 days. No self service was allowed. After the 6 days, we could to it our-self's. Even the salt and pepper was not More on the table, only the paper packets types were allowed.
4. And for the first time, I witnessed a crew that was waiping everything off with some sort of cleaner... I understand the last cruise the Noro was so bad the CDC steped in and made Princess once again super clean the ship. BTW the ship did smell like fresh paint... maybe the cleaner gave off that smell.
5. Heavy seas were felt for most (a few days at sea), They were not hugh waves 6-10 feet average... but we did have high winds 20-30 knots. With the two conditions winds and waves; the ship didn't handle they well. And there were folks having sea sickness. This was from the California border to the inside passage and back in reverse, where we felt the swells. Wind was almost the entire trip.
6. Crew was super friendly, and they were always asking if we have any needs and if we were happy. Nice to talk to those folks, all have wonderful stories to tell. BTW don't ask about the Noro issues, they will not answer anything.
7. I have read other comments that the ship needed help with paint and other items. I did see some minor issues, but from what I can tell the ship was very clean and functional. Sure it dated; but so am I. I didn't mine the decor.
8. We had tons of cold windy weather and rain. So the ship did feel a little crowed. That's because the open decks were just too cold to sun yourself. On the last day, we had a nice day the the decks were starting to get folks out for awhile.
Bottom line, excellent cruise, excellent staff, and very good food. Will do the 10 day out of SF again. Less
Read more Sea Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sea Princess Review >>
Cabin review: IIA537
A537 us SMALL. room is 9x11 feet. smallest high cat room I have ever had (Cat II). Stewart was not to attentive, the 18 room he managed all stated the same experience too. When you look at the Princess room drawing, just shrink it be 2-3 feet in length. No seats to sit in room, except this table type chair for the makeup desk. Plenty of storage in room. Maybe too much. Might have made room larger.
Port and Shore Excursions
Easy town to walk in mostly flat and tons to see. Jewel Gardens is very to visit. Have the tea there, $15 bucks worth it.
NCL Sun, Alaska June2016, Acc...
June 2016 Alaska Cruise on NCL...
Great week on the Serenity
Great for all ages
Sea Princess cruise to Hawaii ...
No respect for elderly and dis...
The worst bed I have ever slep...