Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by lasportsnut

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by lasportsnut
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: lasportsnut
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: PR
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Inconsistent Voyager
Arriving at Embarkation was easy but the walking starts immediately when you take the transfers. Your luggage is dumped at a warehouse and you proceed a nice walk to the check-in area. My check-in was a bit of a problem as my Sea Card was not on file and I waited over 30 minutes to get it before boarding. As noted by another passenger the rooms were not available until 1 or later and not knowing this I sought out the Hotel Manager to complain. Mr. Taggert, a Canadian who is a Saints Fan (I am from New Orleans), was extremely hospitable and offered me the opportunity to leave my carry-on luggage in his office while I familiarized myself with the ship and the Windjammer Restaurant. My experiences in the Windjammer were excellent. My experience in the dining room however were far from good starting on night one. Our Asst. waiter filled our water glasses and gave us bread and then disappeared. I talked to the Head Waiter and the following night the Asst. was not working our table. Scheduled for a 10 top I was disappointed when I sat at a 6top with only one couple and three empty chairs. The third night out our Asst. Waiter returns along with three new people. I asked the Head waiter why the Asst. was sent back and he said "He wanted a second chance." I said that was fine but not at our table (the Asst. waiter stayed the rest of the cruise much to my displeasure and caused the original couple at the table to leave and not return the rest of the trip).

I had a room overlooking the Promenade and loved it. No noise at all (I was in the noise when it happened so it didn't bother my sleep). The room was large and the bed very comfortable and housekeeping outstanding.

I took the shuttles into Dubrovnik(via a tour)and Ravenna. My concern was that anyone from the boat could get on the shuttle going back free as tickets were not checked.

Koper, Ravenna and Bari are nice quaint old towns where you can get great pictures but little else. History is their main existence- beautiful cathedrals, basilicas and many statues. Venice was beautiful and I was told to wear a hat b/c of pigeon droppings. Fortunately when I was in the square many tourists were keeping the pigeons on the ground as they fed them so there were no pigeon bombs to avoid. Walking around Venice was wonderful, hot and at times confusing. I saw what I wanted to see and returned to the ship really happy but somewhat tired.

As a Past Passenger I was afforded the opportunity to relax before dinner in a special lounge that had excellent service. But no one told me where it was and it took me 2 days to find it (Cloud Nine on Deck 14).

The Ice Show was the best entertainment on the boat. All major productions were lip synced. The Beatles presentation was so loud people left well before it was done. I felt the Cruise Director, Mercedes from Argentina, was not good. The Lounge entertainment was excellent especially the gentlemen in the Schooner Bar and the Pig and Whistle Pub. The Promenade shows were good but the crowds were very selfish about allowing everyone to see comfortably. There was a group of children (about 8 of them) who ran uncontrolled throughout all parades colliding with people watching the parades.

On the last night when people wanted and needed to get boarding passes, confirm reservations etc the computer system went down. But Customer Service allowed the passengers to use a computer at the front Desk to get any passes we needed.

Disembarkation was a piece of cake as it usually is on cruise ships but Marco Polo airport is poorly marked for people checking luggage and getting to the right carrier and their ride home.

Publication Date: 07/17/11