Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by SaphiraGrace

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by SaphiraGrace
Carnival Triumph
Dining 5+
        10-12 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Amazing first cruise on the Triumph
Let me start by saying I have only cruised once and had nothing to base my experience on, I was told that cruising was fun and addictive. I was not lied to.

I am 31, my husband is 37 and we cruised with our 10 year old daughter. We chose the Triumph due to location, as we live less than 2 hours from New Orleans. We sailed on 12-11-10 and allowed our daughter the week off from school, she had no objections!

Parking- I had researched options ahead of time and settled on Fulton Place Parking, we paid 50.00 for the duration and we got a secure parking garage with shuttle and on site security. The shuttle was prompt and courteous.

Embarkation- this was a series of long lines that moved at a steady pace, neither fast or slow. A line outside, a line at security, a line at homeland security(?), boarding pictures and you were pointed to the gangway. I am terrified of heights so the gangway was unnerving but it was not too bad!

took pictures of us and issued our sail and sign cards.

On the ship- Since this was my first cruise I, of course, over packed so we were lugging around two HUGE carry ons, and since the rooms were not open til 1:30 and we got on the ship around noon this got tiring, especially with no elevators, my fault and not Carnival's!!

The cabins are Very roomy! The couch was very comfortable, according to my daughter, the King bed was very nice and we slept like babies, probably partially due to the rocking of the ship.

Dining- always good food, they brought my daughter chicken tenders after the first night as the food in the Paris Dining Room was not what she was used to. The hot melting cake- I crave it everyday!!! It was a highlight.

Breakfast in the Lido restaurant was OK, i am not really a breakfast person, but the eggs were especially gross, powdered no doubt but still.

Daughter and hubby loved the pizza. We all drank allot of the hot cocoa, like 4 glasses a day!!!!

Entertainment- Mostly we hung out on lido, played mini golf, and watched movies on the large screen TV. Daughter loved the water slide and thankfully it wasn't too cold for her!

Only used Camp Carnival 1 or 2 times but she had a blast. During this time we tried out the casino and lost but still had fun. We also went all out for the Gala night and brought home lots of pics.

Publication Date: 07/17/11