Carnival Triumph 5

“Amazing first cruise on the Triumph”
Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

SaphiraGrace
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Let me start by saying I have only cruised once and had nothing to base my experience on, I was told that cruising was fun and addictive. I was not lied to.

I am 31, my husband is 37 and we cruised with our 10 year old daughter. We chose the Triumph due to location, as we live less than 2 hours from New Orleans. We sailed on 12-11-10 and allowed our daughter the week off from school, she had no objections!

Parking- I had researched options ahead of time and settled on Fulton Place Parking, we paid 50.00 for the duration and we got a secure parking garage with shuttle and on site security. The shuttle was prompt and courteous.

Embarkation- this was a series of long lines that moved at a steady pace, neither fast or slow. A line outside, a line at security, a line at homeland security(?), boarding pictures and you were pointed to the gangway. I am terrified of heights so the gangway was unnerving but it was not too bad!

took pictures of us and More issued our sail and sign cards.

On the ship- Since this was my first cruise I, of course, over packed so we were lugging around two HUGE carry ons, and since the rooms were not open til 1:30 and we got on the ship around noon this got tiring, especially with no elevators, my fault and not Carnival's!!

The cabins are Very roomy! The couch was very comfortable, according to my daughter, the King bed was very nice and we slept like babies, probably partially due to the rocking of the ship.

Dining- always good food, they brought my daughter chicken tenders after the first night as the food in the Paris Dining Room was not what she was used to. The hot melting cake- I crave it everyday!!! It was a highlight.

Breakfast in the Lido restaurant was OK, i am not really a breakfast person, but the eggs were especially gross, powdered no doubt but still.

Daughter and hubby loved the pizza. We all drank allot of the hot cocoa, like 4 glasses a day!!!!

Entertainment- Mostly we hung out on lido, played mini golf, and watched movies on the large screen TV. Daughter loved the water slide and thankfully it wasn't too cold for her!

Only used Camp Carnival 1 or 2 times but she had a blast. During this time we tried out the casino and lost but still had fun. We also went all out for the Gala night and brought home lots of pics. Less

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6C
Main Mid ship Ocean view. Very spacious

Beautiful!! The water is like nothing else in the world. We had booked two excursions at Chankanaab Park, A Sea Lion Encounter for my daughter and husband and a Manatee Encounter for myself and my daughter. The guides were friendly and professional. I was able to get some really great pictures. The whole day cost around 250.00 We were able to explore the mock ruins and eat at a little seaside restaurant there while we were between swims. While Chankanaab was fun I will not try to fit two excursions in one day next time. We were not left with time to really see downtown. Cab fare was 13.00 one way.

Read 4536 Cozumel Reviews

Not really sure why this is a port of call! Very third world, very pushy vendors, my husband was quite annoyed with everyone getting in his face. I took the opportunity to work on my haggling skills some, will come in handy since I am going back next year!! the shopping was inexpensive though for the most part. My daughter and I bought a couple of Tanzanite rings dirt cheap and the stones have been confirmed by a trusted jeweler. Next time I am taking a ruins tour.

Read 362 Progreso Reviews

Published 07/17/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?