Seabourn Spirit Cruise Review by Imrahil5000

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OW
See More About: Seabourn Spirit Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Seabourn Cruise Deals
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seabourn Spirit Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seabourn Spirit Deck Plans
Avoid Seabourn at all Cost$$$
I just took my family on the Seabourn Spirit for a cruise through the Adriatic. I am an extremely experienced traveler and always go very high end. I booked the Owners Suite and the adjoining cabin for my teenage daughters. Worst part about the cruise was that the Seabourn rep lied to me when I questioned her about activities, dress code (formality), food, etc. I spent a kings ransom for the 7 day cruise and wanted to get off the boat on the first day. Here's the bottom line, if you are over the age of 75 or have difficulty getting around and you want to minimize or limit your exposure to travel, maybe Seabourn would be ok. They wasted our time, served lousy food, had little to no activities available on board if you are under retirement age, had limited access to shore activities unless you were willing to pay through the nose and again not interesting to anyone not of over 70.

To top off the cruise, one of the crew members stole my daughter's keepsake necklace (she got for her 13th) birthday. WHen I filed a report, you would have thought I was requesting a return of the entire cruise fee...Seabourn notified us that it was there policy to take 2 weeks to get back to us even to simply check the cabin they were staying in...despite the fact we reported the necklace missing within hours of leaving the ship.

I could go on and on about how little I think of Seabourn but it's too hard to think about our lousy experience...bottom line, they are liars and thieves and save yourself the time, money and aggravation and go somewhere else.

Publication Date: 07/17/11