Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by wendilyn5

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: FV
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Infinity Alaska Cruise July 1-8
Arrived night before midnight, stayed at Best Western Airport, nice hotel. Took the Already There shuttle to pier, great service! Day 1: Seattle nice sunny sail off, only took us about half hour to check in,room were ready by 3, but we didn't get our luggage until 5:30 and we would have been late for our 6:00 dinner, great dinner at the U.S. specialty restaurant! Drinks at Martini bar and bed!

Day 2: At sea: seas were rough that day, tried to work out, nice workout room, but the rocking side to side was too much so I had oatmeal and went back to bed. It was a little better in the afternoon, spent the day in the game room, but was still not feeling great, (couldn't even have my wine with dinner). This was formal night we had fixed 6:00 dinner, 6 of us were seated with another couple. Waiter was Elvis with Allan as assistant server, both were very nice. The food was very good. Went to the Broadway show, pretty good, but not enough seats!

Day 3: Ketchikan, did the walking tour in the rain, small town, great lunch at Annabelle's, shopping. Dinner was better tonight, I think the stress of formal was too much, I liked that many travelers were in jeans at the restaurants, since it was cold and damp it was just easier.

Day 4: Tracy Arm: Sunny morning 6 to 10am of absolute beauty! We were in cabin 8181 and the deck is wonderful! Stayed on the deck the whole time we were in the glacier! Afternoon in Juneau, took the bus to Mendhall glacier, which was very similar to what we had seen that morning, so I would recommend whale watching instead. We didn't get back until 6:40, but they still let us into eat, the dining room was very empty!

Day 5: Skagway: Sunny again! Took the helicopter to dog sledding, best time of our lives! Spent the afternoon shopping, very cute town, great dinner on board that night. Saw the comedian that night he was very good!

Day 6: At Sea, rough in the morning, they had brunch in the main dinning room, which was packed, not enough tables and the same food you can get at the buffet or dinner, nothing special except the ice sculptures, would not do that again! Formal night, again, not impressed with dinner choices, and everyone had baked Alaska which is tough when 3 of us are lactose! Also, my daughter is a vegetarian, and they really only had one option every night for her, which is disappointing.

Day 7: At Sea until 6pm! This was tough, since we couldn't go to the Butterfly Garden in British Columbia, due to our late arrival, they need to leave Skagway earlier so they can get to BC earlier. Anyway, we packed and did a galley tour and watched the chef's battle, was ok. We took a taxi to town and walked around, had a great dinner at an Irish pub, shopped and went back to the ship.

Day8: disembarkation went fine, breakfast 6-8, our luggage went straight to Southwest which was great, but they charge $20 a person, they did print up our boarding passes and were got group A! I was told not to book a flight before 11am, so I ended up booking a 2:10pm flight, but we totally could have made the 10:45 I wanted to book! May people were off the ship by 7:10!

Overall Alaska was amazing, I think the food was good, but Disney is better, and has a better variety. But, the buffet was much better than Disney. I like the indoor pool area and healthy choices food bar by the pool.

Our cabin was great, but the couches were worn and pullout beds very shaky. Great closet space. I had the premium drink package which was not a good idea, since I couldn't drink the days at sea, and my youngest daughter, barely used her non-alcoholic package. So we learned with that!

I was very impressed with most of the crew, very friendly. Our room steward, Anthony, was just ok, I asked for more towels and only got them once, needed ice and could never find him. The best part was the naturalist Brent Nixon! His talks were amazing and if you missed him live (we saw him twice) you could watch on tv, he gave 6 lectures, very funny and informative. All of our excursions, I booked myself before hand.

Overall, I think we would try X again, but on one of their newer ships.

Publication Date: 07/17/11