Amsterdam Cruise Review by Watson's aunt: A wonderful cruise

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

On June 10 I was off to cruise Alaska. I cruise Alaska on the World explorer cruise line back in the 90's. I was on deck sailing out of Seattle with tears in my eyes. It had taken me years to get back to Alaska. I breezed through check-in. I was on board and in my cabin in less than a hour and the only reason it took that long was because they took a large crowd before the regular passengers. My room a inside was large I was surprised how big. I had more room than I need. I was to travel with a friend but she got very ill two weeks before the cruise.

I meat my two cabin stewards. the ship is beautiful. I could not believe this wonderful ship was moving at times. I spent most of my time outdoors. the scenery was unbelievable and breathtaking. I went to lunch wow I am going be eating here for 14 nights. I really do not have any complaints about this cruise one small complaint was in digital workshop. The teacher had no print outs. His excuse was he could not get to printer. I More would have thought if he knew he would be teaching a class he would have had the print outs all ready before the cruise.

I will be booking this cruise next year. I did not do much of programs they offered because I wanted to be out doors. Also after a few days I knew I would be back the following year so I did not do any tours. Yes I missed a lot of important and great stuff the ship was running inside but I was drawn out side. I could continue to write and write about this cruise but I be writing forever. Take this cruise you will not be sorry. The only thing bad about this cruise was after 14 days I had to leave and return home with no one to pamper me. Mary Less

Read more Amsterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Amsterdam Review >>

Cabin review: Amsterdam Large Interior Stateroom Main 2604

cabin was wonderful beds were very conforable lots of pillows. Temp controls in room was excellent. there were plentaly of lighting and I wish I had this much storage at home. Room was always spotless. I had ice every night and turn down was exciting as They had towel animals and it was exciting to see what kind I had that night. I had up to 5 one night as I placed them behind my bed. I know people don't like them but I love them. room was very quite I never heard a noise outside. the tv was a bit of a problem the tv is placed high on self. You had to stand up and point at tv a certain way. I never watched much tv but to see where we were and some news and sports scores. But this is a very minor problem My room was near self laundry and near stairs and elevators. I would book this room in a heartbeat. I did not mind having a view but at times I did but you really need to be on deck to see both sides of ship. Mary

Not sure If i is good or bad. IF 5 is the top I give it a 5

not much to do here. disappointed

(5.5)
great lots to do and good shopping

Read 841 Juneau Reviews

great place lots to do walking and sightseeing along with bargains

(5.5)
I was here 3 days before cruise its wonderful if your lucky its not raining.

Read 103 Seattle Reviews

(5.5)
Wonderful wonderful port. Time here was too short

Read 161 Sitka Reviews