Amsterdam Cruise Review by Watson's aunt

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Amsterdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Amsterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Amsterdam Deck Plans
A wonderful cruise
On June 10 I was off to cruise Alaska. I cruise Alaska on the World explorer cruise line back in the 90's. I was on deck sailing out of Seattle with tears in my eyes. It had taken me years to get back to Alaska. I breezed through check-in. I was on board and in my cabin in less than a hour and the only reason it took that long was because they took a large crowd before the regular passengers. My room a inside was large I was surprised how big. I had more room than I need. I was to travel with a friend but she got very ill two weeks before the cruise.

I meat my two cabin stewards. the ship is beautiful. I could not believe this wonderful ship was moving at times. I spent most of my time outdoors. the scenery was unbelievable and breathtaking. I went to lunch wow I am going be eating here for 14 nights. I really do not have any complaints about this cruise one small complaint was in digital workshop. The teacher had no print outs. His excuse was he could not get to printer. I would have thought if he knew he would be teaching a class he would have had the print outs all ready before the cruise.

I will be booking this cruise next year. I did not do much of programs they offered because I wanted to be out doors. Also after a few days I knew I would be back the following year so I did not do any tours. Yes I missed a lot of important and great stuff the ship was running inside but I was drawn out side. I could continue to write and write about this cruise but I be writing forever. Take this cruise you will not be sorry. The only thing bad about this cruise was after 14 days I had to leave and return home with no one to pamper me. Mary

Publication Date: 07/17/11