Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by CMKid316: Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean June 2011

CMKid316
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean June 2011

Sail Date: June 2011

I will start off by saying that this ship by far exceeded my expectations and was the most incredible vacation I have ever taken. I had been researching the ship and ports months in advance, but seeing pictures of the Allure of the Sea does not do any justice to how it actually feels to be onboard

Embarkation: This was probably the fastest I have ever gotten on to a cruise ship. We were a group of 30 and were off the bus and onto the ship in under 25 minutes. Remarkable how big the terminal was and how many counters they had helping people along.

Stateroom: I was in a Central Park Balcony stateroom and it was very nice and spacious. There was plenty of room for myself and my friend and everything felt really new and clean in the room. The flat panel TV and the iPod dock were great added features. The balcony was definitely worth it as we had amazing views of the entire Central Park neighborhood.

Dining: There were more food options around the ship then I More have ever seen before. It felt like it was split50/50 between pay meals and free meals. The free meals such as the Boardwalk Dog House, Cafe Promenade, Sorentos Pizza, and the Windjammer all had great food choices. The dining was somewhat of a disappointment though if I do say so myself. The salads were warm, the lobster tail wasn't good, and there wasn't THAT big of a selection this time. It is only understandable because they are cooking for over 6000 people. On another note, we only went to the Brazilian Steakhouse Samba Grill for pay meals and it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had! There was so much food to chose from and they just kept bring more and more types of steaks and filets and chickens and everything. It was incredible and definitely worth the extra $25.

Entertainment: The only show that we ended up going to was the Ocean Aria show which was incredible. The acrobatics and stunts that they perform were just great! Other than that, we didn't get to see much of the Dreamworks partnership, except for seeing a few characters around the ship. We also went to the Love and Marriage Show and The Quest which were both great Royal Caribbean classics. Ken Rush is probably the best Cruise Director I have seen in my 7 years of cruising.

Public Places: The different neighborhoods around the ship were a really cool and helpful concept. I never once felt lost or felt like there was over 6000 people aboard because the ship is so massive. The Royal Promenade is a huge upgrade from previous ships with Promenades, as it offers more space to walk, more shops, and a better, more open atmosphere. The Rising Tide Bar is also a really cool added feature in the Promenade. Central Park is really beautiful and has a lot of nice stores and restaurants. Its really cool to be able to look up at the sky while in the middle of the boat. Boardwalk was very fun and kid friendly and the carousel was a nice touch. The Sports Zone was also really cool with the two Flowriders, which were never even that crowded, and the Zip Line, which is cool to do, but definitely not worth an hour long line for a literally 7 second ride.

The Ports: We went to Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. I had previously been to all three so there was not much excitement about getting off the ship in these places. They are still great locations to visit, but I did not find much to do for myself there as I had done excursions in all three places on previous cruises.

All in all, the Allure of the Seas is the most incredible ship on the sea and provided me with the best cruise vacation I have ever had. I will definitely be sailing on Allure or Oasis again in the future and I recommend this cruise to everyone! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 11579