Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by fab5forty

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by fab5forty
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: fab5forty
Cruise Date: July 2011
Destination: Bahamas

MAJESTY 7/8-11/11
I've sailed on the Majesty of the Seas years ago when it was a "new ship", so I wasn't sure how pleased I would be with the ship since I've sailed so many other new ones since then. I really underestimated the refurbishments. The overall condition of the ship and the public areas (bars, lounges, clubs, restrooms, etc) were just as nice as the newer ships. The interior room was very basic but clean and in good condition. There were issues with the shower not draining properly but we always got prompt response from maintenance.

Although this was a sold-out ship, embarkment was not congested at all when we boarded at 11:30.

We went straight to the Wind Jammer for lunch which was well stocked with various options.

The water in Coco Cay is beautiful and I was surrounded by a school of bellow and black tropical fish! The birds, were very aggressive with swooping down and taking food from peoples plates. That's a little scary but there's not much the RCI can do about that. I would like them to have the umbrella's already assembled in the sand so that we don't have to sweat in the sun trying to dig a hole for the pole. That was frustrating and folks were really struggling. Some umbrellas flew away.

The Coco Cay shopping vendors had some nice looking items however they seemed a bit expensive and not negotiable since they work for RCI.

We didn't do much in Nassau other than the straw area and shops in the immediate area of the ship. The knock-off designer stuff at the straw market was the same as you could get in the states. They were very negotiable in Nassau though.

The dinner in the dining room each night was okay. I'm just glad that the dining staff are always happy to offer you another dish if you are not pleased...and even if you are pleased :).

The Boogie Wonderland talent (the 2 female leads in particular) was more like high school performers as another reviewer said. Nonetheless, it was a nice Farewell. The Battle of the Sexes Quest game show was "OFF THE CHAIN"! I see why people were scurring to the Spectrum for a seat. I will always make my way for this in the future.

Unfortunately, we missed the commedian and everyone raved about him!

We were celebrating my friend's birthday who was a first-time cruiser. The ship gave her a small gift and sang happy birthday to her. She was very impressed and is already looking forward to her next one!

Publication Date: 07/16/11
More Majesty of the Seas Cruise Reviews

More Majesty of the Seas Reviews
Majesty is great for a quick...
Loved it !