“Newbies”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was a first time cruise for my husband and myself. I had no idea what to expect so I truly was overwhelmed at all that was offered through Holland America Lines. From the moment we left Seattle on July 3rd until we departed the ship on July 10th, we were impressed. One of the things I was most impressed with, and what I was most anxious about, was making connections, missing one or whatever. Our travel agent must have thought I was nuts as I kept stressing over details. But, every connection was met with ease and we had no problems at all. Holland has people moving down to a science I think.

I just read a review from someone who obviously was on the same cruise and was a bit disappointed. Too bad, I thought everything was handled well,the food outstanding,the entertainment, superb and the 800 staff members, FANTASTIC! The only disappointment I had was that I couldn't get into the Pinnacle Grill for the Le Cirque dinner. I was on the "waiting to be called in case of a cancellation" list. That call did not come. Heavy Sigh! Oh well! Next time.....There are worse things to stress about. My heart goes out to the family who lost their loved one on Saturday morning in the wee early hours. So sorry for their loss.

Anyway, old ship (??) or not, I loved my experience on the Oosterdam and would book on it in a heartbeat.

Oosterdam Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7027
Information could be posted on where everything was. For instance, I was freezing and finally found extra blankets. Plus, there were some good sized drawers for storage under our bed which I discovered almost too late.

Port
I was nervous about making connections but found out I could relax once I got on the bus to the port/ship. Everything moved along well and the employees treated us with respect and kindness.

Read 426 Seattle Reviews
Published 07/16/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oosterdam Review
Oosterdam Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?