Carnival Dream Cruise Review by nikkinoo1011

Cabin Category: 8E
        13-15 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Dream Eastern July 2
This is a brief review as I am still swaying from being on the ship lol. First off, the positives: The longest I ever stayed in a line was 10 minutes. I don't see what the complaints are for about the lines. The embarkation and debarkation are spot on. We arrived at 10:30 and were on board eating lunch by 11:30. The pasta bar was open with no waiting as people did not know about it yet. That changed later in the week ;) The service was excellent from the gathering staff the dining room. Room steward was on top of everything. The ship was beautiful. I could not ask for more. The ports were excellent, especially St. Maarten and St. Thomas. The shows and comedy were better than I expected. There is plenty to do on this ship. You will not be bored. The children seemed to be at their own clubs. I only saw them if I went down to the hall Club o2 and circle c are on. The workers are constantly cleaning and working. We had a balcony cabin and it was roomy and the view was beautiful.

The not so good: There is a slight smell at times. It did not bother me to much. It's not a big deal to me. It's more like a whiff of sewage smell or bathroom odor and it's gone. The food was okay. I am not a picky person and my standards are not that high. The buffet could have been better at lunch to me. My pancakes and waffles were cold every morning. The syrup was only warm one day on the cruise. Just my opinion. This did not ruin the cruise from me in any way. When we ate in the dining room, if I ordered something and did not like it, I simply would order something else. The staff want you to leave happy and full. Now, to what seems to be a big topic on these boards....ship movement. Yes, The Dream moves a lot. Especially, when weather is rough. It was very rocky the first two days, and then calmed down a lot afterwards. Wherever we went, we could feel the movement. My entire party took Dramamine before dinner because the movement seemed worse in the dining room. Again, this too did not ruin my trip. I just took my meds, and went with it. I will say that I have been on a cruise before and do not remember ever feeling as much as this ship. My sister in law has been on many cruises and said this ship had the most movement of any she has felt before. We spoke to our wait staff in the dining room and she said the ship moves most from now until October because of hurricane season. If we sail her again, we may try to go in a different season. I am not the type of person to get motion sickness easy, and the movements did get annoying. It seemed like a constant side to side motion.

Overall, I would sail The Dream again. She would not be my first choice because of the movements, but I would do it all over again if I had the chance. I think we will try different vessels first, though. Our trip was the Eastern Caribbean July 2-9. Sorry this review is short and abbreviated. I will gladly answer any questions if any was wants to ask.

Publication Date: 07/16/11