Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by joedie: HORRIBLE!!!

joedie
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

HORRIBLE!!!

Sail Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

We left New Orleans on July 3 for a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean. This was our first and last time sailing on ANY Norwegian boat. Me & my husband have done 5 previous cruises on Royal Caribbean all great. With previous great experiences we thought we would try Norwegian Spirit because it was so close to home (1hr drive)We had a balcony, our favorite way to enjoy a cruise. Let me start with the room...DIRTY and it had a not clean odor. Our balcony was also dirty. The bathroom had mildew in the shower and rust on the doors (my husband took pics to send to their corp.office) We asked that our room be cleaned again and decided to let it go, and not ruin our vacation.

We had no children traveling with us, but have been on cruises before when school was out.....BIG MISTAKE on this boat!!!! They let the kids run wild and did NOTHING to stop them. They were running up and down the halls banging on doors. My husband had to go to the casino one night at midnight to find More the drunken mother of 1 group of children to get her to control her kids of course she did nothing. He then went to security to see if they could help they did nothing "they did not want to make a customer mad". REALLY..they decided to cater to the low class, white trash, who will probably never cruise again vs the folks that can afford to cruise. There were also 5 other couples on our floor that were also complaining about the kids. I just could not believe Norwegian would not do anything especially considering the hour this was happening.If it was during the day, no big deal but at midnight, come on.. We were not asking too much. This would not have happened on Royal Caribbean.

Before booking our cruise I did read reviews on this boat and saw quite a few bad reviews and thought they are just being picky it can't be that bad. I wish I would have gone with my instinct and not booked this cruise. If you are thinking about booking a cruise on Norwegian Spirit DO NOT!!!! Anybody that went on the same cruise we did and had a great time God Bless ya! I wish we would have. Never again on any Norwegian boat!!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eleven 10588

not the cabin pictured, dirty, smelly, dirty balcony, mildew in bathroom and on balcony, very small. would have been a great location if not for the kids running wild.

We did the Raiders of the lost Mayan Caves while in Belize. The caves were fantastic!!! it is much more challenging than described. If you have any back problems or problems walking do not do this excursion. We loved the caves, zip lines, repelling. When it was finished, you have a short bus ride to the break area where food waiting(chicken,beans,tortillas)the food was very good. The only bad part of this excursion is the LONG bus ride to and from. We only had 30mins once we got back to Belize city to get to our ship so we did not have the opportunity to shop. Something to consider before booking this excursion...it was alot of fun

We decided to not get off the boat in Costa Maya and have the pool to ourselves. The area was hit by a hurricane a few years ago and is leveled. There are a few places to shop but was not worth us getting off the boat. The pool seemed much better to us. Also with the kids off the boat we could relax even though it is an adult only pool area they did nothing to keep the kids out.

We did not book any excursions on this port and decided to make it a day of shopping. Did not buy too much. The jewelry prices in the eastern Caribbean are much better. Was nice to walk around..very hot and lots of mosquitoes bring the bug spray. The water was a beautiful blue.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

We did the Tabyana beach & Gambalimba park excursion.It was great, we loved the monkeys!! They are very friendly and will jump on your shoulder. My husband did not listen to the guide and put his sunglasses away he thought since he had them on a croakie the monkey could not run off with them. Well the monkey pulled the lens out and tried to run off with it lucky for my husband he was able to grab it back. We had one small monkey that loved my husband he kept licking his head and rubbing his fur on my husbands neck. The guide told us the reason was my husband was sweating and the monkeys love the salt in sweat. The beach was beautiful and food was great!!! Lots on the beach for children to do.

Read 1642 Roatan Reviews