Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by joedie

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: BA

HORRIBLE!!!
We left New Orleans on July 3 for a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean. This was our first and last time sailing on ANY Norwegian boat. Me & my husband have done 5 previous cruises on Royal Caribbean all great. With previous great experiences we thought we would try Norwegian Spirit because it was so close to home (1hr drive)We had a balcony, our favorite way to enjoy a cruise. Let me start with the room...DIRTY and it had a not clean odor. Our balcony was also dirty. The bathroom had mildew in the shower and rust on the doors (my husband took pics to send to their corp.office) We asked that our room be cleaned again and decided to let it go, and not ruin our vacation.

We had no children traveling with us, but have been on cruises before when school was out.....BIG MISTAKE on this boat!!!! They let the kids run wild and did NOTHING to stop them. They were running up and down the halls banging on doors. My husband had to go to the casino one night at midnight to find the drunken mother of 1 group of children to get her to control her kids of course she did nothing. He then went to security to see if they could help they did nothing "they did not want to make a customer mad". REALLY..they decided to cater to the low class, white trash, who will probably never cruise again vs the folks that can afford to cruise. There were also 5 other couples on our floor that were also complaining about the kids. I just could not believe Norwegian would not do anything especially considering the hour this was happening.If it was during the day, no big deal but at midnight, come on.. We were not asking too much. This would not have happened on Royal Caribbean.

Before booking our cruise I did read reviews on this boat and saw quite a few bad reviews and thought they are just being picky it can't be that bad. I wish I would have gone with my instinct and not booked this cruise. If you are thinking about booking a cruise on Norwegian Spirit DO NOT!!!! Anybody that went on the same cruise we did and had a great time God Bless ya! I wish we would have. Never again on any Norwegian boat!!!!

Publication Date: 07/11/11