Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by gary9534: First time on Celebrity and a little disappointed.

gary9534
Member Since 2006
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

First time on Celebrity and a little disappointed.

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my first Celebrity cruise..Sailing July 3, 2011 to Bermuda on the Summit.

Thanks to Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Club, I was elevated to Celebrity Elite class.

I live in Staten Island, and it was a pleasure parking at the pier and boarding the ship!

We arrived at the port around 12 PM and it was a very smooth process.

After a short wait in the check in area,we were off for lunch in the buffet on deck 10. The buffet was already pretty full, but we found a table and had lunch.I found the food there to be just OK, nothing to rave about. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but for years people who cruised celebrity told me the food was a step up from Royal Caribbean, and two steps up from Carnival.I cruised on the Oasis this year, and I can tell you the food and selections were better.

I have to say that my stateroom attendant was very good,his name was eugineio. The room layout was ok, but shows signs of wear.The bed was More not to comfortable with a big hill in the center where the two beds meet.

Now to my too biggest complaints. I would advice everyone to avoid the my time dining. The service was so bad that I complained to guest relations. It seemed all the people who had steady waiters were getting much better service. We were a table of eight and felt left out. After my complaint on the 6th day, the restaurant sent us chocolate covered strawberries, and the service in the dining room improved on our last night there.

We ate at the Normandie restaurant and it was delicious. The food and service was great. I should of ate their 5 more nights.

My last complaint was about the Entertainment! This was fourth of July week!

We paid a premium price for our rooms this week. I had a ocean view room and could of booked a balcony on any other cruise for the price we paid.

I know Celebrity usually caters to and older crowd. But being fourth of July week, with so many young people on board, they could of adjusted the entertainment accordingly. The regular Celebrity singers and dancers were very good and performed 3 nights. The other entertainment on board put me to sleep.

We had to listen to a violinist for two nights in the main showroom. Then a old comedian. Not to mention wandering acapella singers. Even the small lounges had violins.Every young person I talked to was bored to tears.

Having said all these negative thing about the cruise, is not what I had hoped to be writing. I would recommend anyone with young children or teens to avoid this ship. I am a Royal Caribbean advocate and would tell you that this ship is geared for older people who are content to eat and read books. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>