Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by pandapanzee: Cruising has changed?

pandapanzee
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cruising has changed?

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My daughter & I cruised in May, the Jewel (NCL) . The staff was great and attentive. The food in the dining room was below expectations...first time I ever could not decide which entree looked the best...usually I cannot decide because everything looked good. Two of the evenings I didn,t eat my meal...meat tough, food starchy. Think a nice sandwich would have been better.

The pool area during the day was overly noisy with activities...Had to go up one level to get away from it. Stupid games again and lots and lots of screaming and noise.

Where have all the lounge chairs gone? On the promenade deck, not one to be found...only cheap plastic chairs and very few of them to sit.

Other than St Martin and St Thomas, Tortola (God-forsaken place) and also arriving in San Juan at 3 PM...didn,t give any time for anything...stores close by 6 pm....not enough time even for beach activities!

I am easily please as a rule...but food was a mish-mash and the More expected relaxation of the promenade deck was a downer. I guess it is bye bye NCL for me after 3 cruises with them. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine

Balcony cabin very small...bathroom xtra small...

San Juan...great, but very little time to enjoy

Read 1378 San Juan Reviews

Clean island...wonderful beaches...not many shops open because we arrived on a Sunday

Fabulous as usual...can,t top it!

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews

Can,t even rate this....bad stop...should be eliminated for a cruise port

Read 502 Tortola Reviews