Disney Dream Cruise Review by dvc cruiser: Disney Dream review

Overall Member Rating

Disney Dream review

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We occupied 4 staterooms ,3 of them category 4A on the 10th deck, 1 on deck 9. My family of 5 are Disney Vacation Club members, and received a warm welcome because of it, including some little "extras" awaiting us and also sent to the room at later times throughout the cruise. The ship is astounding, an absolute technilogical marvel that is awe inspiring, the shows amazing. Food service personnel lacked "service", and actually seemed to be "put out" at providing it.

Twice I was cut off by different table attendants in the Cabanas buffet so to get where he or she needed to get to rather than allowing me the guest get where I was going. A hot cup of coffee was hard to find, and lead me ultimately to purchase a specialty cup at the espresso bar for the remainder of the cruise breakfasts. The ship with all its size and engineering, cannot seem to handle a day at sea where the majority of the guests are at the poolside. We traversed the deck for what seemed like hours, although More only about 30 minutes to find a few chairs and could not. The pools had to be emptied of water there were so many guests in them. crew members seemed inexperienced for a ship of this magnitude.Through a conversation with a staff member we learned DCL signs 5 month contracts with crew members. With its' 1st voyage on Jan 26,2011, and our cruise commencing the 1st of July, I summized atleast part of the crew is only 3 weeks into a new contract and could be very new and inexperienced employees. We love Disney everything, and this lack of service very unusual for Disney. I would not reject the consideration of a future cruise(although I can not say that for certain other members of our party) to see if the bugs are worked out, and honestly did not, have an entirely bad experience, just very unusual for Disney as they set such high standards. Less

Published 07/10/11

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 4A10656

Nassau, unless shopping for mass quantities of rum or diamond jewelry, is not a great port to visit. Paradise Island across the bridge is beautiful but VERY expensive unless you are a gueast at Atlantis. I would rather a 2nd day at Diney's Castaway Cay.

Read 4173 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

dvc cruiser
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X