Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Algorfa4Me: Mum & me over the Sea!

Queen Victoria 5

Mum & me over the Sea!

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

Having booked a guaranteed A4 cabin didn't quite know what to expect and having hoped for an upgrade was allocated an A4 cabin! Don't think I would have chosen the cabin we were given as on the deck plan it looked like we may experience a lot of people passing in the corridor outside. As it turned out the cabin was ideal very near to the lifts for the Brittania and Lido restaurants at a quiet end of the ship and being on deck 4 for had the widest balcony.

Used room service for our morning coffee, I did request an espresso and this was always hot and strong.

Thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, lovely ship ideal for me and my Mum we didn't do any excursions and found enough to do in the ports that we stopped at. We were lucky enough to be on the afternoon sunny side of the ship for the times we sailed through the fjords this was when we really appreciated having a balcony.

Our fellow passengers were an absolute joy everyone was so friendly and chatty I feel as More though we talked our way through the entire cruise, it was always interesting to find out other peoples opinions, especially those who had cruised many times before, on the same ship, Diana you know who you are!

Our table companions on our table for four were fun to catch up with at the end of the day and always had an incident to tell us about!

Would recommend this ship,particularly if you enjoy dressing for dinner.The only downside was the shows,the ship has a lovely theatre but for my Mum the productions were a bit of a let down. Less

Published 07/09/11

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Victoria Review >>

Compare Prices on Queen Victoria Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: BC4150 Balcony

Small bathroom, great location no corridor noise. Large balcony.

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

Ideal shuttle bus, the sun shone which we understand is unusual! You can easily do your own thing to get the funicular railway or cable car.

Read 332 Bergen Reviews

Tender in to a pretty little village, very geared up to do your own excursions. If you want to do the train book online before you travel as it was very busy, but there is a little tourist train that you can book on the day.

Read 130 Flam Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X