Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Dopey79

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 4E
Rates 5+

Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruise
The Carnival Victory is over 10 years old and maybe it shows it's age a little. I must admit I have been on newer and bigger Carnival ships so maybe to other people it is a great ship.

The itinerary is the reason why I booked this cruise and I was not disappointed!!! I have been to St. Thomas, Barbados, and St. Maarten 15 years ago and I absolutely still love St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We decided on this cruise not to take any excursion through the ship and instead did private tours which saved us money but make sure to bring even more money than you normally bring on vacation as you are paying cash for these tours/taxis and not your credit card.

Now for the cruise itself. I was a little disappointed to see that the nice dessert buffet was not held. I always loved taking pictures of all the beautiful desserts and carvings. The only midnight buffet they had was a mexican buffet and I'm sorry at that hour I really don't want to eat a bunch of food that will upset my stomach. I know alot of cruise lines are cutting back but I really feel that is what makes cruising such a great thing to experience different foods that you normally wouldn't get to eat. The entertainment was good and I don't think I ever had a complaint on the entertainment. A nice thing is how they show movies each night on the pool deck area. I watched a couple of movies while I cruised.

I know this has been a lengthy review but just a couple more things. The duty free allowance back into the US is $800 per person. Now if you buy anything in St. Thomas you are allowed an additional $800. So if you are looking for jewelry you are better off buying it there because of the additional allowance. Now you can buy expensive jewelry at the other islands and not claim them when you go through customs but you will be taking a chance in case you get searched or really questioned by an agent.

Overall, I would recommend this cruise just based on the itinerary. If you are going on this cruise have fun!!!

Publication Date: 07/09/11