Disney Wonder Cruise Review by guitargal168

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 10C
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        13-15 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Disney + Alaska= FABULOUS
As first time cruisers, we went into this with some trepidation but high expectations. I'm happy to say that we have no trepidations anymore AND our expectations were more than met on every level!. I may not have cruise experience, but I am well-traveled. I have to say that on almost every level, the Disney Wonder certainly delivered!

Our 13 yr old daughter had an absolute blast in the Edge. She loved the staff and met many kids her age. There were many activities for all ages and, if nothing else, the gorgeous scenery + a good book was more than enough.

I had read many reviews prior to the cruise and had some concerns regarding the food. I am happy to say that our dining experiences were absolutely wonderful! I think some of the concerns probably apply to the time period after the lunch buffets shut down and before the dinners start. Most of those selections available are a touch less interesting (chicken fingers, pizza, hamburgers) but the sandwich area was quite tasty. Also, if you are looking for some other choices during that brief time period, than I would highly recommend the room service menu! As for the main meals, the buffets were well-stocked, hot/fresh and had an excellent variety. The rotational dining for dinner was wonderful. It was fun to go to different rooms and have a different menu every evening but also have your wait staff follow you from room to room. We did not go to Palo on this cruise but our food at dinner was outstanding! Great choices and the wait staff was always available for special requests. Speaking of wait staff.....it doesn't get any better than this! Our server, assistant server and head server were absolutely fabulous! We couldn't stop hugging them goodbye! (yep...really!) Our room attendant was also top-notch. Friendly, attentive and always available!

The rooms were spacious and comfortable with lots of room to store our bags (and we brought 3 HUGE suitcases with us). We also really liked the split bathroom feature.

As for the ship itself, it was lovely. There was no sign of excessive wear. You would never guess this was a 12 or 13 year old ship.

We all had a fabulous time and we are looking forward to going to Nova Scotia with the Disney Magic next year!

Publication Date: 07/09/11