Pacific Pearl Cruise Review by sydphilcruiser: Cruise with Fabulous Views and Awesome Ports (New Zealand)

sydphilcruiser
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 4.0

Cruise with Fabulous Views and Awesome Ports (New Zealand)

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Other

Sailing on the Pearl proved to be one of our most memorable cruises (my 9th and my boys' 7th.) The main reason was the breathtaking views we've seen along our trip, foremost were those of the Fjordland National Park, then the great ports we stopped and visited. The people and the sights were truly awesome, quaint and quirly Akaroa, wonderful Port Chalmers, Picton and Wellington offered plenty of wonderful sights and opened our eyes to the beauty of NEw Zealand even more!

At Port Chalmers, we booked another cruise on a yatch called theMONARCH which took us up close and personal with fur seals, albatrosses, shags, a blue penguin and many more wildlife which I've never seen that close ever before. The commentaries were very helpful and informative. The staff even supplied thick warm jackets to those who felt cold as it was terribly windy and freezing that morning! There were mugs of hot choc that you an enjoy for a small price and a good number of souvenir items on board so wse More didn't have to queue at the crowded souvenir shops on land at other ports!

On the Pearl, food was alright, staff were attentive and friendly as the P&O usually are,and entertainment was really great, especially the acrobatic shows and laser show.

Despite being rough at times, as my two big boys got sea sick towards the last two days going home, it was a cruise that will be etched in our memories for a long time! I'm glad I agreed to go back to NZ.We were there in the SOuth Island sevedral years before and drove from Chrustchurch to Queenstown during one winter. It was a wonderful family trip but this cruise was indeed much more that we expected. The only negative was we didn't get to visit Christchurch again due to the quake months before we came.

Thans Pacific PEarl, especially the waiters and the F&B Supervisor Rixcel who showered us with lots of goodies- fruit platter one formal night, and even native dishes from my home country, they were delicious and warmly enjoyed! Well done and hope to sail with you guys soon! Less

Read more Pacific Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Pacific Pearl 10285

Tons of space even for a family of four, even closet space, etc. The cabin steward was very busy but did her best to see to our needs. Even other stewards not assigned to our cabin helped us with our inquiries and needs. Many thanks Ronald! We enjoyed their service we gave tips to him and other friendly stewards as well! I always ask for extra pillows and they always deliver on time!