“A fantastic cruise to fantastic ports of call”
Cruise review of Carnival Magic

Rosey101 Carnival Magic 5 A fantastic cruise to fantastic ports of call
Rosey101
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I are both retired and enjoy cruising. We have cruised on four different cruise lines but we much prefer Carnival because we believe it offers better value and more fun. The new Carnival Magic is a beautiful ship which never seemed crowded even with over 4000 passengers and crew. Our balcony cabin was roomy enough to easily have another couple visit, offered ample storage, and provided luxury linens and a comfy bed. On many of the upper decks inside cabin passengers can easily access the outside by going to the forward outside deck. On most other cruise ships this highly desirable area is for private balconies.

Before the cruise we stayed in Hotel Ciutat Del Prat. I highly recommend this four star hotel that provided airport and cruise terminal shuttles plus a great breakfast for less than $150 per night.

Embarkation and debarkation were flawless as was debarkation at the ports of call. Since this was our first visit to Italy this 12 day cruise was perfect. We visited all the most popular sites with two days in Venice which allowed us time "to get lost" in this fascinating city. We booked tours privately with other passengers met through Cruise Critic's roll calls. This is a great service. I must put in a good word for Aequa Limo tours of Amalfi Coast, a great and great tour and they didn't even require credit card

great tour and they didn't even require a credit card #to reserve a tour.

Service on the ship at all levels was friendly and professional. The ship's staff went out of their way to be helpful. When I got word from home that my Mom had fallen and was hospitalized, the ship's staff not only rescheduled our flight home but arranged a call to the hospital.

Food was always good in the dining room. Lido deck food was ok but desserts not so good.

This was a fantastic cruise. My only complaint is a problem seen on many ships and that is passengers who reserve lounge chairs and leave them unattended and unused.

Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?