Carnival Spirit 4

“To Alaska with adult family members”
Cruise review of Carnival Spirit

olliethump
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

We sailed the Carnival Spirit late June to early July 2011. Ports were Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria. The only port with rain was Ketchikan. The sailing party included my parents (in their 70's), my sister and his husband (in their late 40's), and my wife. This was our first vacation leaving the children at home. The cruise was an absolute wonderful vacation. The limited cell phone service allowed us to check in on the kids (10 to 25 years old) occasionally but also allowed us to concentrate on relaxing and being stress free.

Each couple would choose their own activities during the day and met for the evening meal in the dinning room. The time together in the evenings was by far the highlight for our family. Plenty of time to visit. The location of our table was perfect for conversation.

The food was good, the ship was clean, and the staff eagerly served.

The only negative was the price difference between booking excursions at the port versus More booking on the ship.

The cruise was a wonderful vacation for our family to spend time together.

I wish I would have spent more time researching the different ports of call and possibly pre booked excursions directly prior to sailing or planned my days a bit more thoroughly prior to the cruise. Less

Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D6196
Our cabin was mid-ship. Although it was near the elevators, it was completely quite. Never heard the elevators or the noise from the bars below. Two nights at sea were slightly rough but our cabin only slightly swayed. Very enjoyable cabin.

Published 07/08/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review

Carnival Spirit Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?