Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Bmorechick: It was ok......

Bmorechick
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

It was ok......

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas

This was my 3rd RC cruise and 2nd on the Majesty of the Seas. There were 16 of us traveling in our group (14 adults, 2 children). Check in was relatively quick and hassle free. After dropping my carry on at my room, we went to the Windjammer to eat. I've never been impressed with the Windjammer and felt the same way on the Majesty. The food is mediocre, the lines are sometimes long and it's hard to find a table at times. The ship is ok. It's a bit dated but the rooms are clean as well as the ship so I was ok. The rooms are small but it was just me in the room so I had plenty of room. You don't stay in your room often anyway so it didn't really matter to me.

The entertainment onboard was ok. We attended the love and marriage show. The cruise director and the contestants were hilarious. We also participated in the game "Majority Rules". The juggler/comedian was good too. Other than that, we were just witnesses to some of the pool contests (belly flop, cake decorating) and line More dances. I felt there could have been more of a variety for the activities.

The food in the main dining room (Moonlight) was ok. Other than the lamb, there wasn't anything that wow'ed me. I'm still waiting on RC to offer crab legs or more seafood on the menu but I guess I'll have to keep waiting.

I was disappointed with the kid activities onboard. Although they do have a kids camp on the 10th floor we did not want to drop the kids off. It would have been nice to have a 'kiddie' area where the parents and children could use the facilities and play together.

The staff was pretty good. They were all pretty friendly but weren't overwhelmingly so as on my last cruise. The friendliest ones we encountered were in the Windjammer.

All in all it's ok if you're new to cruising or trying to organize a budget-friendly trip for yourself or a group. Other than that, I would research another ship and see what they had to offer. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas 2089

Small room, compact closet, good location.

I wasn't impressed with Key West either. It was entirely too hot and didn't seem like much to do. We took the kids to the aquarium and after that went right back to the ship. The aquarium was not air conditioned and not very big but had some beautiful fish. The HUGE turtles and sharks were very cool. I wasn't expecting the shark tanks to be so accessible. You would have to keep an eye on small children because they could easily fall it. Heck, adults can easily fall in if you weren't paying attention and lost your footing.

Read 734 Key West Reviews

Nassau was ok. I wasn't impressed the first time we went and nothing changed this time. You do get harassed by people offering taxis and jet skis and trips to Atlantis. They could be a bit aggressive but most left you alone after saying no. Don't settle for the first price offered to you though. Most will match what someone else gives you. Or just tell them someone else offered it for xyz to see what they say. I'm not sure what RC charges for their Atlantis excursion but the taxi there was inexpensive and I assume you could buy a day pass from Atlantis directly once you get there. Do your research. We opted for an island tour with one of the 'hustlers' on the street. He charged $15 per person and 11 of us decided to go. We toured the island, Atlantis and the Beach. In total it was over 2 hours. His narration was excellent. His name was Leroy!

CoCo Cay is alright. The beach chairs are free so that's a nice touch. We just laid out and enjoyed the peace. The beach was entirely too rocky. If you don't remember anything else, PLEASE remember to bring/wear water shoes. Between the rocks and the seaweed, I was disgusted with the beach/ocean and went back to my chair after 10 minutes. The bbq they provide is ok and the lines are ridiculously long. Watch the birds/pigeons because they are relentless and try to attack your plate especially if you have hot dogs!

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews