Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Bmorechick

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Bmorechick
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: Bmorechick
Cruise Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: 2089
        Under 3 1.0

It was ok......
This was my 3rd RC cruise and 2nd on the Majesty of the Seas. There were 16 of us traveling in our group (14 adults, 2 children). Check in was relatively quick and hassle free. After dropping my carry on at my room, we went to the Windjammer to eat. I've never been impressed with the Windjammer and felt the same way on the Majesty. The food is mediocre, the lines are sometimes long and it's hard to find a table at times. The ship is ok. It's a bit dated but the rooms are clean as well as the ship so I was ok. The rooms are small but it was just me in the room so I had plenty of room. You don't stay in your room often anyway so it didn't really matter to me.

The entertainment onboard was ok. We attended the love and marriage show. The cruise director and the contestants were hilarious. We also participated in the game "Majority Rules". The juggler/comedian was good too. Other than that, we were just witnesses to some of the pool contests (belly flop, cake decorating) and line dances. I felt there could have been more of a variety for the activities.

The food in the main dining room (Moonlight) was ok. Other than the lamb, there wasn't anything that wow'ed me. I'm still waiting on RC to offer crab legs or more seafood on the menu but I guess I'll have to keep waiting.

I was disappointed with the kid activities onboard. Although they do have a kids camp on the 10th floor we did not want to drop the kids off. It would have been nice to have a 'kiddie' area where the parents and children could use the facilities and play together.

The staff was pretty good. They were all pretty friendly but weren't overwhelmingly so as on my last cruise. The friendliest ones we encountered were in the Windjammer.

All in all it's ok if you're new to cruising or trying to organize a budget-friendly trip for yourself or a group. Other than that, I would research another ship and see what they had to offer.

Publication Date: 07/06/11