Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cathy robertson: EPIC UPS AND DOWNS

EPIC UPS AND DOWNS

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I didn't have a problem with the opaque showers and separate toilet, except that everywhere on the ship they had disinfectant (very clean!) and then when used the toilet we had to open the door and cross to the basin in the room to wash our hands??? basin should definitely be in the enclosed toilet space.

The only other criticism is that I am 5ft 1" and everytime I used the garden restaurant or the outside food place on the 15 deck I had to really stretch over to reach the food at the back..although there were several staff on duty behind the counter, no one saw me struggling or just avoided looking... twice I nearly burn my arm on the containers at the front.

Apart from that, the ship lived up to it's reputation. Another point was entertainment. Book the on-line entertainment before you go. We went on the 2nd night to book the Blue Man Group and the comedy entertainment. We got the Blue Man one for the 5th night in but the comedy one was 10pm the night before we More disembarked and it would have been too late given the early hour we had to rise. Also we only stayed for the first 15 mins of the BlueMan show as it was slow to warm up and seemed to appeal more to the children in the audience. I didn't like the guys walking across the seats and staring at us..

We booked a balcony cabin and it was 10016 - I thought it would have a glass front like all the balconies but it was completely enclosed (looked like we had a window with no glass in it so beware when you pick your cabin. On the face of it we had a double length balcony with just two high back chairs. Recliners please. Twice we were showered as we sat out by a wee man about 2 floors above us washing the ship... I did try to put these points on our NCL questionnaire after the holiday but there was no section for constructive critisicm. Over to you NCL ship was lovely and the general staff were very welcoming and my god the bed was brilliant. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 10016

Cabin 10016 - check out the balcony. We thought we had won a watch as it appeared on the deck plan to be twice as long as the others but it had no glass frontage therefore felt very enclosed. Open space felt like we had a window with no glass. So we were a wee bit disappointed that we had paid an extra 600 plus to enjoy a balcony. On the subject of the opaque glass shower and separate toilet...hmm, not too keen although you only saw the outline because it was opaque, however on a ship which on every corner squirted you with disinfectant (which is excellent to note!!) why put the wash hand (tiny) basin in the cabin itself. Obviously when you hmmm wipe yourself, you then have to pull open the door and cross to the basin to clean your hands?? Hey who thought this one up.

I wasn't keen and didn't go beyond the port entry in the end. Others who had went ashore reached the square and found mountains of rubbish being burnt in their containers. So glad I didn't bother.

Read 653 Naples Reviews

we got the bus for 12 dollars each into Palma. We wandered round and I found a little perfume shop and bought some perfume. Prices are not really much cheaper than back home?? changed days for Spain. But I did like Palma.