Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cathy robertson

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cathy robertson
Norwegian Epic
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: B6
Cabins Not Rated

EPIC UPS AND DOWNS
I didn't have a problem with the opaque showers and separate toilet, except that everywhere on the ship they had disinfectant (very clean!) and then when used the toilet we had to open the door and cross to the basin in the room to wash our hands??? basin should definitely be in the enclosed toilet space.

The only other criticism is that I am 5ft 1" and everytime I used the garden restaurant or the outside food place on the 15 deck I had to really stretch over to reach the food at the back..although there were several staff on duty behind the counter, no one saw me struggling or just avoided looking... twice I nearly burn my arm on the containers at the front.

Apart from that, the ship lived up to it's reputation. Another point was entertainment. Book the on-line entertainment before you go. We went on the 2nd night to book the Blue Man Group and the comedy entertainment. We got the Blue Man one for the 5th night in but the comedy one was 10pm the night before we disembarked and it would have been too late given the early hour we had to rise. Also we only stayed for the first 15 mins of the BlueMan show as it was slow to warm up and seemed to appeal more to the children in the audience. I didn't like the guys walking across the seats and staring at us..

We booked a balcony cabin and it was 10016 - I thought it would have a glass front like all the balconies but it was completely enclosed (looked like we had a window with no glass in it so beware when you pick your cabin. On the face of it we had a double length balcony with just two high back chairs. Recliners please. Twice we were showered as we sat out by a wee man about 2 floors above us washing the ship... I did try to put these points on our NCL questionnaire after the holiday but there was no section for constructive critisicm. Over to you NCL ship was lovely and the general staff were very welcoming and my god the bed was brilliant.

Publication Date: 07/06/11