Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by amyarizona

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by amyarizona
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: amyarizona
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+

Good ship, good cruise
The cabins were a pleasant surprise. More room than I expected and more storage space than usual.

The food was banal. Why can't they serve local food rather than American? We were in Italy. What's so hard about serviing Italian food? The desserts were light on chocolate and the buffet virtually never served any chocolate desserts. What's up with that?

There is an Ice rink onboard and the ice show was excellent. We watched it twice.

The shows were ok. I may be getting a little jaded but I found the dancing not up to the usual standard.

The last night there was a late night show in the lobby which was a surprise. I believe they did two of them but I only saw one. Anyway it was very festive and great last night activity.

WE don't book shore excursions from the ship. I research each destination and usually d it myself with pdf files on my ipod touch or hore a local excursion company. O this cruise we only did that once- in Kusadasi. to my surprise we went back to the ship often for lunch as the ship was convenient. Then we headed out again to tour some more.

Publication Date: 07/06/11