Carnival Liberty 5

amcankid
Member Since 2010
173 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We went on the Liberty on the June 25 eastern caribbean sailing. My wife, 3 kids,1 son in law and 2 grand kids. We had two quad balconies side by side on the 8th deck.

It was the first cruise for my oldest and her husband and the two grand kids. I guess I was hoping for more because of the build up I gave them about how great cruising is. We did have a wonderful cruise with great weather through out, but something was missing that would have made it exceptional. Class is the word. It was my 3rd carnival cruise, and I've gotta say that the boat was filled with way too many classless, rude passengers.

Kids were allowed by their parents to literally jump over two small dividers into one of the pools, risking not only their own lives but the health of the other people swimming in the pool.

Drunk teenagers were in abundance in the evenings. The list goes on and on. I don't blame Carnival for it. I mark it as luck of the draw.

The plus side was the ship More itself. It truly is a beautiful ship. And the crew was consistantly friendly and seemed to care about you. Our room stewards were Christopher and his assistant Ni. Hard working and always smiling. And you know your valuables are safe with them!

The food was hit or miss, but mostly hit. The burgers were comparable to a 5 dollar burger, the calzone was to die for! The lasagne one night was extraordinary. Most of the soups were off the chart.

Half moon cay was all it was hyped to be, and then some. It has the most powdery white sand I've ever seen or felt. Even better than Lanikai in Hawaii.

Grand Turk was nice. St. Thomas so-so. Puerto Rico was great but not enough time to do much.

All in all, it was good, but take away the 15 percent who don't belong on the high seas and it would have been great. Less

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D8285
Great cabin in a good location.

Beach right next to the ship is pretty good. A little rocky and some broken galss from all the beer bottles broken over the years. Warm water with an occassional stingray swimming through.

Read 1340 Grand Turk Reviews

The forts were a good place to visit. Not enough time to do much though. Carnival needs to allow a later departure.

Read 2237 San Juan Reviews

Didn't go to the beaches so can only talk about the area close to the ship. Not too impressed at what we saw.

Read 3390 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 07/06/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?