Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by amcankid: Good to great

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good to great

Sail Date: June 2011

We went on the Liberty on the June 25 eastern caribbean sailing. My wife, 3 kids,1 son in law and 2 grand kids. We had two quad balconies side by side on the 8th deck.

It was the first cruise for my oldest and her husband and the two grand kids. I guess I was hoping for more because of the build up I gave them about how great cruising is. We did have a wonderful cruise with great weather through out, but something was missing that would have made it exceptional. Class is the word. It was my 3rd carnival cruise, and I've gotta say that the boat was filled with way too many classless, rude passengers.

Kids were allowed by their parents to literally jump over two small dividers into one of the pools, risking not only their own lives but the health of the other people swimming in the pool.

Drunk teenagers were in abundance in the evenings. The list goes on and on. I don't blame Carnival for it. I mark it as luck of the draw.

The plus side was the ship More itself. It truly is a beautiful ship. And the crew was consistantly friendly and seemed to care about you. Our room stewards were Christopher and his assistant Ni. Hard working and always smiling. And you know your valuables are safe with them!

The food was hit or miss, but mostly hit. The burgers were comparable to a 5 dollar burger, the calzone was to die for! The lasagne one night was extraordinary. Most of the soups were off the chart.

Half moon cay was all it was hyped to be, and then some. It has the most powdery white sand I've ever seen or felt. Even better than Lanikai in Hawaii.

Grand Turk was nice. St. Thomas so-so. Puerto Rico was great but not enough time to do much.

All in all, it was good, but take away the 15 percent who don't belong on the high seas and it would have been great. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8285

Great cabin in a good location.

Beach right next to the ship is pretty good. A little rocky and some broken galss from all the beer bottles broken over the years. Warm water with an occassional stingray swimming through.

The forts were a good place to visit. Not enough time to do much though. Carnival needs to allow a later departure.

Read 1367 San Juan Reviews

Didn't go to the beaches so can only talk about the area close to the ship. Not too impressed at what we saw.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews