Sea Princess Cruise Review by shipgeeks: So much for San Francisco flair

So much for San Francisco flair

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: San Francisco

After sailing with twelve different cruise lines, I found this Princess cruise, to Alaska, one of mixed feelings.

The Princess personnel were excellent, from booking to disembarkation.

The ship was clean and easy to get around. Our stateroom was always clean and well-attended-to.

The waitstaff were efficient and friendly.

The crew handled the norovirus/seasickness problems very efficiently.

I enjoyed the Captain's use of the ship's horn.

The scenery was magnificent. Seeing Alaska from a cruise ship is the proper way to view the great expanses, and facing up to Margerie Glacier was a memorable experience.

So what could be the shortcomings?

For one, I found most of the meats (bacon, beef, pork, steaks and seafood) bland and tasteless, which was disappointing.

The stage shows had very good dancers, and very pedestrian choreography.

But my biggest complaint was the general attire of the passengers. Sailing out of San More Francisco, I expected more flair, and what I got was a ship full of people dressed by KMart, work clothes department.

I calculated that on Formal Night, DW and I were in the approximately 3% of the passengers attired properly for the evening. Is there some reason why dressing up in public is now a sin? Less

Published 07/05/11