Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by DanceMom1

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: DanceMom1
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Relaxing Vacation with Great Service
We drove down from New Hampshire and we're not sure what to expect upon embarkation. Once we parked the car in the terminal parking (which was $240.00) embarkation was a little chaotic. We did not know where to drop off the luggage and what line we were supposed to be in as there was another Carnival ship which was going to Canada. Once we arrived in the terminal, the line moved quickly. Just so you know, we were also traveling with my sister (who is handicapped) and who had booked a separate room. My sister walks with a limp but decided not to bring her scooter. One of the Carnival hostesses (not sure this is the correct terminology) happened to notice my sister walked with a limp and we were placed on the special access line. This was extremely nice of them as we didn't request or ask for handicapped assistance. Once on board the ship and we arrived in our stateroom we were beyond thrilled with our balcony room. Our steward (Santica) was efficient and kept our room clean. The kids loved the little chocolates and the bed turn down every night.

My 17 year old daughter did not want to sign up for Club O2 as she thought it was a little too young for her as she will be turning 18 in a couple of weeks. Both her and my 20 year old son were happy just sunning themselves and reading books for most of the week. We did minimal activities but enjoyed ourselves immensely as this was mainly a rest and relaxation cruise for all of us.

Food was plentiful and pretty good. We had the buffet at Horatio's for breakfast and lunch. At our request, the maitre d for the Bacchus room (Prasad) changed our 6:00 dinner seating to the 8:15 so that we could eat dinner with my sister who had the later dinner. We were most appreciative. Our waiters were great (Table #161 - Gigi and Jose). They took the time to remember our names (quickly) and our drink order every night and treated us like family. PS - We love you Gigi and Jose! :)

We did not use the spa or salon. The kids loved watching Malcom (Woo Hoo) Burns (cruise director) show every day. He was extremely entertaining and the kids thought he was a blast.

My daughter is a long time dancer (since she was 3 years old) and loved the production shows. Her favorite shows were the Legends show and the Beatles production show. We understand the hard work that goes into creating these shows and we were impressed.

I agree with a previous post about the ship being too COLD as I brought my sweater with me to most of the areas on the ship.

We only took one tour (in St. Thomas) which was the Ultimate Experience and enjoyed Magens Bay.

In summary, we had a great time and I would definitely book another Carnival cruise in the future. We achieved our goal of total relaxation. Thank you to Carnival and their great staff. Woo Hoo!

Publication Date: 07/04/11