Norwegian Pearl 2

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Ketchikan

I cruised to Alaska on June 11, 2011 by NCL - Pearl.

My experience with NCL - Pearl specific to the food and seating was very disappointing. Food quality was not great; not tasty; did not want to go for the second serve; tables ran out; we had to walk and take food to other decks constantly; dining areas were overly crowded; tables were unclean; waiters were working quietly - as if just doing their routine job - no smile in their face as if forced to work. Long wait for getting dining tables booked inspite of freestyle dining programs. One good thing they offered pagers! The chefs were not as great as Carnival or Disney. Overall I give "D" grade to NCL when I give B+ to Carnival and A+++ to Disney.

The mini suite interior was good but dusty, I saw accumulated dust on the TV and cabinets all seven nights! The cabin steward was ok; at least attempted to talk to me once or twice. Honestly I hardly saw them in the deck for one or two occassions only!!! In comparison to More Disney and carnival, I used to see the cabin steward almost all the time working very hard and greeting me all the time until the last day!!!! There were only few TV channels for the kids and it was disappointing. Diney and carnival had several channels!!!!

The pizza was not available 24 hours; had to wait for very long time; chocholate mike ran out quickly; was never replaced. Dessers ran out quickly, never rplaced. Late diners dispponted with cold, tepid food, did not stay warm.

Full A+++ grading for the embarkation dobut NCL Rocks here!!!!

That was quick and well arranged!

Final note: Unless I see a dramatic improvement, I dont recommend NCL for rest and relaxation! If you have a good budget and want to enjoy your life try Diney and Celebrity. With moderate budget try Royal caribbean, Princess, Carnival.....

NCL???? A big NO NO....not worth it, dont waste your money and importantly your vacation!!!! Less

Published 07/03/11

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Alaska Cruises

Cabin review:

Mini suite with a lot of dust on the tv and the cabinets; additional linen under the sofa was not clean; stinky and old linen. Otherwise room was great!

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X