Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by angiernc

Cabin Category: 4E
        13-15 5.0
        16+ 5.0

Never a dull moment
We chose this particular cruise mainly because of the itinerary. My husband and I had been to Key West and loved it so much that we wanted to take our daughters. We are mid 40's and have four daughters ages 22,17,17,and 13. The oldest daughter graduated from college and the twins from high school so this was a celebration cruise for them.

We arrived at Port Everglades around 10:30 am, on board without any problems by 11:30 and on the lido deck eating lunch. I had learned from reading reviews that the area by the fish and chips station was rarely crowded and I did find this to be true each and every day. Even at peak time we could always find a seat. We ate breakfast and lunch every day on the lido deck and supper every night in the dining room. The food was very good most of the time. Meals in the dining room were always good with a wide variety of selections and our waiter, Andre, was always very helpful with suggestions. We did not participate in any of the speciality dining so I am not able to comment on that.

We stayed on the upper deck in an interior room. Did not spend much time in the room but it was a nice size with plenty of drawer and closet space. Our room steward, Igusti, took very good care of us and was always very kind and helpful to our teenagers. The only issue I had was that our room was over the casino and it was pretty noisy until about 2:00am. I will pay more attention to the location of our room next time.

We did participate in quite a few of the on board activities. All of the shows were excellent. Ticket to Ride was our favorite. My husband and oldest daughter went to the comedy shows and while there was quite a bit of bad language they said they did enjoy the comedians. I did gain alot of appreciation for the dancers because during the past guest party we danced on stage and I found it very difficult to keep my balance due to the swaying of the ship.

Debarkation was quick and well organized.

Overall I would say it was a great cruise. Some of the decks on the ship are odd and we were just getting it figured out by the time the cruise was over. Most all of the staff was very gracious although I did think the cruise director was,at times, a little rude and arrogant. I would definitely recommend this cruise and would love to go again.

Publication Date: 07/03/11