Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Mac9624: Great Itinerary-Good People

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Itinerary-Good People

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Just returned from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Carnival Dream and I would have to say what several of others have noted. I thought the Food was top notch. All of are staff were superb from our Room Attendant Sunshine to our waiters Zanfry and Efren. Truly amazing at their craft and deserve to be recognized as do the Indian beverage server and the Slavic beverage server in the Ocean Plaza.

The stateroom was the best that we have had on any ship and we had a Spa Balcony cabin on the 11nth deck. The access to the Thermal Suite was a breeze although having our room keys already coded to access would be nicer than having to stop or wait at the Spa Desk to exchange keys. Where the ship seemed to lag in my estimation was the layout, entertainment and design. For being Carnival's newest biggest and brightest I just felt that it was a bigger ship with more people with a horrible design especially in the Gathering. It just did not give me the Pop impression that I have More received when cruising on new ships. We did run into foul weather and the Crew did everything they could do to dodge the bad weather.

We had downpours in Cozumel, We had to Dock at Coxen Hole instead of Mahogany Bay because of high seas and winds and would have missed this port had there been another ship in port. Belize was fine and we had to miss Costa Maya after docking but the Captain made the call that it was too dangerous. Probably was and the forecast was for it to get worse. No fault of the Crew and they did well to accommodate another Sea Day. All said very happy with cruise just a letdown with activities and entertainment. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Panorama 11244

It was the very best cabin we have ever had on a cruise. This was our first balcony and my Wife really like that. We had ocean view and Interiors in the past.

We did the Lamanai Ruins tour through Island Mktg. belizecruiseexcursions.com. It was a very good tour, Our biggest worry was the timing as Carnival did not offer this excursion and worried about missing the ship. We prepared by bringing our money, passports, cell phones,phoe numbers for Embassy and Carnival. My worries were quickly dismissed when I found out that the Carnival Legend was also in port and they were leaving an hour prior to our departure. The excursion was fun about an hour bumpy ride on a bus but they did an excellent naration of what life what like in Belize, then another hour by speed boat into the jungle and we did stop and see wildlife along the way and then 3 ruins that we were able to climb each and a lunch from the locals that was delicious. Rice & Beans, Chicken, Plantains, Papaya, Citrus Slaw. Local beverages. and then the return. Well the people on the Legend were just a little late getting back but they did call ahead and had a tender wait for them. I would have been flipping out but everyone remained calm and I guess it worked out for them but doubt I would ever take that chance again in Belize. After we had prepared for if that did occur and our fallback plan was to meet the ship in the next port, Costa Maya. They cancelled that port due to Weather. I have no idea where we might have ended up because the Captain did not cancel the port until we were tied up to the docks and the waves were coming over the docks. Anyway it did work out and it was a great excursion.

We did not do an excursion as we had visited this Port on 4 prior cruises. Plan was to go to town and enjoy the local establishments and a little shopping. Ended up just shopping at Port area and getting back on Ship. Glad we did as we had just got back on when a torrential downpour came and it ended up raining on and off all day.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
We had our best time in Roatan. Weather was very good and we had booked a private excursion with Victor Bodden and requested Hanno as our driver from previous recommendations from Cruise Critics. We had a wonderful day. Hanno took us around the island explaining how they lived and life on the island. Stopped and did the Monkey Tour at Victor's house and it was ok. He stopped at lookouts, Gift vendors that were reasonable and took us to a private beach area that did not charge to snorkle at Half Moon Bay. There was also a wonderful restaurant that we ate lunch at but it was a little pricey. Hanno was a great guide and would highly recommend him. He can be reached at ebankstours@yahoo.com

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews