Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by happycruiser1981

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by happycruiser1981
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: happycruiser1981
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Carnival Miracle June 2011
My husband and 4 of my friends went on the carnival miraclein June of 2011. I had an interior room with french doors and the two other couples were on the fifth floor with balconies. As far as my room goes I thought that part was really good. Room comes fully equipt with plent of razors, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo,ect to keep you going for most of the trip. My room was cleaned twice a day with turned down bed serive and a very affordable mini bar packed with liqueor, soda, and beer.TV offered a GPS of your exact location and camedras of the decks to see if it was busy or not when you were deciding to leave.

room service was pretty good, portions are small and the menu is limited, but its 24 hrs a day and food comes fairly quickly. I believe the longest we waited was 45 minutes. My favorite room service item was the cesar salad with grilled chicken and the hot pastrami sandwich. Cheesecake was very good as well.

As for the buffet food on thew lido deck. I am disappointed most days. A boat that leaves mainly out of NYC should have decent chinese food. The pizza was horrible as well. I found myself trying to be optimistic and being totALLY DISAppointed.It is like high school cafetria food at best. Some dishes I did enjoy was the jerk chicken on carribean night, the yankee post roast, the pea soup,and fried chicken. The breakfast buffet hits your stomach like a brick. The eggs are egg subsitute, if you WANT REAL EGGS YOU MUST ASK FOR THEM AT THE OMLETTE STATION!! horrible homefries, with a greasy meat selection. Most of the buffet food just hits your stomach like a brick to the point that you cant move.

The Bacchus Dining room- a positive alternative to the lido deck buffet! The food is definitely of a higher quality. And although I ordered several dishes that I just did not like, I would simply choose something else that for the most part was good. Lobster was only served on the first formal night and I would of like to see it serviced on the second formal night as well. Es Cargo't was out of the question for me and my entire party of six people.

Activities- i definitely found amusement with the activities offered. Live band kareoke was awesome, the comedians at the comedy club were excellent but i would of liked to see open mic night on an eight day cruise. The live shows were excellent, and the bar and lounges always had plenty of people.The casino was a good bar to sit at and have a drink and a ciggarette at the same time.

Frankenstein's lab- definitely needs improvement if you ask me, every time i went in it was dead. better music is needed, more requests should be allowed,ect.

overall i had a good experience on this cruise however i did feel the food needs to upgraded a notch for me o cruise with carnival again. It will be something I seriously consider before booking my next cruise...qqqqqqqq

Publication Date: 07/01/11