Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by happycruiser1981: Carnival Miracle June 2011

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle June 2011

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My husband and 4 of my friends went on the carnival miraclein June of 2011. I had an interior room with french doors and the two other couples were on the fifth floor with balconies. As far as my room goes I thought that part was really good. Room comes fully equipt with plent of razors, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo,ect to keep you going for most of the trip. My room was cleaned twice a day with turned down bed serive and a very affordable mini bar packed with liqueor, soda, and beer.TV offered a GPS of your exact location and camedras of the decks to see if it was busy or not when you were deciding to leave.

room service was pretty good, portions are small and the menu is limited, but its 24 hrs a day and food comes fairly quickly. I believe the longest we waited was 45 minutes. My favorite room service item was the cesar salad with grilled chicken and the hot pastrami sandwich. Cheesecake was very good as well.

As for the buffet food on thew lido deck. I am More disappointed most days. A boat that leaves mainly out of NYC should have decent chinese food. The pizza was horrible as well. I found myself trying to be optimistic and being totALLY DISAppointed.It is like high school cafetria food at best. Some dishes I did enjoy was the jerk chicken on carribean night, the yankee post roast, the pea soup,and fried chicken. The breakfast buffet hits your stomach like a brick. The eggs are egg subsitute, if you WANT REAL EGGS YOU MUST ASK FOR THEM AT THE OMLETTE STATION!! horrible homefries, with a greasy meat selection. Most of the buffet food just hits your stomach like a brick to the point that you cant move.

The Bacchus Dining room- a positive alternative to the lido deck buffet! The food is definitely of a higher quality. And although I ordered several dishes that I just did not like, I would simply choose something else that for the most part was good. Lobster was only served on the first formal night and I would of like to see it serviced on the second formal night as well. Es Cargo't was out of the question for me and my entire party of six people.

Activities- i definitely found amusement with the activities offered. Live band kareoke was awesome, the comedians at the comedy club were excellent but i would of liked to see open mic night on an eight day cruise. The live shows were excellent, and the bar and lounges always had plenty of people.The casino was a good bar to sit at and have a drink and a ciggarette at the same time.

Frankenstein's lab- definitely needs improvement if you ask me, every time i went in it was dead. better music is needed, more requests should be allowed,ect.

overall i had a good experience on this cruise however i did feel the food needs to upgraded a notch for me o cruise with carnival again. It will be something I seriously consider before booking my next cruise...qqqqqqqq Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Interior Main 4152

I loved Grand Turk! The beaches were beautiful. The fish swim with you and for five bucks u can rent snorkel gear making an excursion a waste of time and money. Beaches where nice and fairly clean. You should definitely go to the "One Love Cafe" and order the conch fritters with mango sauce. That was my 3 or 4th day eating cruise liner food and it was a wonderful break to eat them!!! One order was 7 bucks! They also had free Wifi and an outside bar.You could also rent boogie boards, umbrellas, hammocks and more at a VERY affordable price. Plenty of big lounge chairs for guests. Word of advice. Bring HIGH SPF sunblock! I was on the beach from 7am to about 130pm and re applied SPF 30 about 5 or 6 times and still got burned pretty bad, I normally burn the first time on the beach for the year and as long as I reapply my SPF 30 I am OK. That was definitely not the case this time. If you miss one little spot even on your feet while lounging in the chair expect a seriously painful burn! Being part latino myself made no difference.

On a positive note, I Will never forget the water and beaches and restaurants and if given the opportunity I would visit this port again for sure.

This port has plenty of things to offer. If you want to do excusions, this is the placed to pick it. They have just about anything you can think of doing and if you book your excursion outside of carnival it is half the price with plenty off affordable taxis waiting to take you where ever you want to go. I traveled with a group of six people who, at this port, broke off into groups of two and did totally different things, My friends did a dolphin excursion, another group of friends got alimo driver to drive them all around nassau for 50 bucks and got some of the most amazing pictures ever. My husband and I decided to go into the local part of town only a few blocks away from the port and eat and shop. I found very affordable souveniors at a local shop, had some kick ass coffee and free wifi and a local coffee shop, and moved forward into town more to find great restaurants and cheapiquor stores filled with Cuban rum, Cuban cigars (which you cannot take back with you) and plenty of bahaman products like their own liquors and spices, My husband and i stocked up on souveniors and liquor before hitting up a local bahaman restaurant serving counch fritters and greek food.

I was offered drugs BTW which i turned down but none the less for the partiers you can get plenty of weed and coke by walking just a few blocks from port. Sorry soccer moms and nascar dads who may not want to hear this but it is the truth.

overall all of mny friends truly enjoyed this port. FAIR WARNING- if you go anywhere near atlantis be prepared to spend triple on anything you want to purchase. A bottle of sunblock was $35.00 need I say more?

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews