Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by vmcearra

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: vmcearra
Cruise Date: May 2011
Cabin Category: 6B
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0
        10-12 1.0

Carnival Destiny not for me
I have to say that I was very unimpressed by Carnival cruise lines. We have sailed on Royal Carribean before 2 times and had a blast both times. Carnival lacks the "FUN" that is classified in their name. We took Carnival hoping that they lived up to their name because this was the first time we were traveling with friends.

Pros first--Staff was always very nice, food was very good, my kids loved that they had lobster which Royal Carribean has not offered on either of the cruises we were on. Room service was Free 24 hours, unlike Royal Carribean where it is only free until 12midnight. The comedian was hilarious. They also have a nice water slide that my kids loved.

Cons--The ship was very hard to navigate thru. Very weird but I got lost the whole time we were on the ship and that has never happened to me on any of the other cruises I have been on. The ship seemed very enclosed. I am used to Royal Caribbean and they have the huge entry way. The way that we got on the ship I hated. We had to line up outside on the ships deck and it was extremely hot. The muster stations have way to may people assigned to them, it was crazy how many people were in our muster station (again another thing I got lost trying to find). We bought the soda package for all of my children like usual. Not once did we have a wait staff come to our dinner table and offer us drinks. We were only given water every night for dinner. We asked numerous times if we could order drinks and no one ever came by. That was extremely frustrating. We were bored most of the time on the ship. The only activity they offered was Trivia 5 times a day and the trivia was horrible. The nightly shows were so boring that I feel asleep during one of them. This has never happened to me on Royal Caribbean I always love going to the show. My kids had a terrible time at Camp Carnival. My kids kept stating how mean the staff was and how they would constantly yell at the kids. One night we went to pick up our kids and the 4 kids that left with the 4 sets of parents in front of us all came out screaming crying. Not a good sign. There were never really any events besides Karaoke and Trivia. Royal Caribbean has much better options.

I would give the ship 1 star.

Publication Date: 06/30/11