Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Debbie: Carnival Legend - Central America/Panama Canal

Debbie

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Carnival Legend - Central America/Panama Canal

Sail Date: December 2004
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We were 3 generations traveling together on our 4th Carnival cruise. Embarkation took about 90 minutes. There really is no advantage anymore to having the Funpass as EVERYONE had the Funpass! They really should have a special line for past cruisers!

What to say about this ship -- it was absolutely the ugliest most garish decorated ship that we have ever seen. It was so busy that it made you dizzy! There was not 1 square foot of the ship that was not maimed by the decor.

We were on the Empress deck and our cabin was very comfortable for our family of 4. We had a balcony which was extremely enjoyable. Our room steward was absolutely the worst to the point where I had to complain. First time I ever had to complain on board. He seemed not to see dirty glasses, plates, etc. There were nights when we did not receive our Capers and he never delivered our Past Cruisers Cocktail party invitation.

There also seemed to be plumbing problems on this ship and one More morning at 12:45 a.m. I heard what sounded like a jack hammer outside our room and they said they were fixing the bathroom next door. After I went out 3 times they finally stopped.

Last year we were on the Paradise and the food was absolutely wonderful -- this year the food was not as good. Beef a couple of night was so tough. On the other hand our waiter was wonderful. We also ate in The Golden Fleece Supper Club twice and it was exceptional. The service, the food and the presentation rivaled any 5 star restaurant and was well worth the $25 extra per person.

The ports of call were all great. In Belize my husband went diving and he really enjoyed that. We booked that through the ship. My 2 daughters and myself went to the Maruba Jungle Spa for the day. We booked that on our own. It was wonderful and a truly beautiful place. In Limon we hired a driver and did the canopy tour. This was the only day that was disappointing as we did not dock until noon and had to be back on board by 6:30. It would have been great if we could have had the entire day. Our 3rd port was Colon, Panama. We shopped at the port, took a horse and buggy ride and then went to the Embara Indian Village which was definitely a highlight. My in-laws did the ferry ride through the Panama Canal and said it was worth every penny. They also had a great time.

All in all we had a wonderful cruise. The itinerary was great but the ship itself was a disappointment. Any questions i would be happy to answer them. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>