Seven Seas Navigator 4

gugukikki
Member Since 2007
21 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I think the only reason I have mixed feelings regarding our first luxury cruise experience is due to our cabin location. I had read a few things about possible ship vibration at the rear and even one review where someone said they "fixed the problem." According to my husband who served on navy ships for 34 years, if there is a problem like vibration, it will always remain. After the 1st night at sea he called down to the front desk to see about moving...we were even willing to take a non balcony just to avoid the vibration. Everyone was bothered by it at the rear of the ship. I am not certain why we weren't given an option to choose a cabin as we have been given on other cruise lines, but we were not the only guests who had the same experience. (thinking that having paid a certain amount of money, we would be given a good room). My husband even said that the Navy doesn't put it's crew in berthing above the propeller.

Unfortunately they couldn't move us so we had to just More get used to it. Our neighbor rearranged all the glassware to try and dampen the residual noise caused by the vibration. Fortunately we were not in rough seas or it would have been worse. One night I even dreamed I was driving an ATV (never been on one in my life) and I was careening down a rocky hillside. So thank goodness for all the free alcohol - that's what helped us sleep. That is a definite positive on this cruise line. As for the cabin itself, it was spacious with even a walk in closet and bathtub.

Rating service, we didn't feel it was necessarily better than on other lines we have sailed (holland, celebrity and even royal carribean) In fact, even though it is a smaller line with capacity up to 500 (as was the case on our southbound alaska cruise), we felt just as crowded at the buffet - even more so with more lines since the dining areas are so small. If we dined at compass rose at lunch, the wait for food was noticeable.

You do get free excursions which is nice. The children's program was located across the hall from the cigar lounge and we had quite a few smoking passengers so I didn't care for this. (not sure how the kids felt!)

Lots of kids on this cruise - while well behaved, it was unexpected to have such a high percentage on this luxury line. So overall I don't think the extra price was worth the experience. Perhaps if we had been midship we would have felt differently. I am more inclined to choose a cruise based on itinerary and maybe get a suite on a less expensive ship. As for the food, it was hit or miss. Only one dinner was unacceptable so had to order something else. There were more seafood choices and the seafood cocktail at lunch was nice. Breakfast was virtually the same each day. Prime 7 is the standout - definitely 5 stars for that experience. Less

Seven Seas Navigator Cruises to Alaska

Published 06/29/11

Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review

Seven Seas Navigator Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?