Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by tahoebob: Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera

tahoebob

Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: December 2004
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We arrived at San Pedro at 11:30 a.m. and we were eating lunch in the Windjammer by 12:30. This was our first cruise so I really can't judge it to another cruise, but I do know vacations and this is up there with the best. The food was very good, only problem was one night about 1 in the morning my wife wanted a late night snack and the food was not so good at that time. The breakfast we had from room service was great. I liked eating breakfast in the Windjammer better than the dining room just for the choices of food. Service in the dining room could not have been better. The midnight buffet was a blast. I have never seen so much food in one place in my life.

Our inside cabin on the 2nd deck while small was all we needed. There was space for everything. When we got to our room the light in the bathroom was not working, called on it and it was fixed in about 1/2 hour. The room was clean, neat and always taken care of.

The entertainment was good with the More exception of "Boogie Wonderland." The people in the show did a good job but it just was lacking in the quality of what there was to work with.

We don't have kids so I really can't comment about the kid's stuff, but I did hear lots of good things about it.

The ports are great. Cabo tends to be a bit more costly -- did a lot of shopping there. MZland I just went to the beach and chilled out, and in PV we did the tequila tour and saw parts of Mexico off the beaten path. Only $28.00 each, money well spent.

The only time I really had to spend any time in a line was getting off the ship. They called our colour at 11:00 a.m. and we got to LAX by 12:30.

We took Supershuttle from LAX to San Pedro at a cost of $16.00 each ($32.00) and a cab back to LAX at a cost of $40.80.

Overall, this was a great trip and I would go on the Vision again in a flash. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>