Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Seavapor

Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Suite was big, service was thin, food was poor, ship too big
1. Our suite was very big. It had a walk in closet and a bath. However, we hardly ever saw our attendant except when he was trying to get us out of the room for him to clean. On our other cruises, especially on Princess, the attendant tried to form a relationship with us. We did notice a few attendants who were always around their staterooms taking care of little details, but very few.

2. Service was thin. In addition to the stateroom attendant, the feel of the ship was that you have to fend for yourself. At the safety briefing the two crew members in charge of our gaggle were playing around and joking with each other throughout the drill. If you want to attend a show, you have to get in a cue and make a reservation. If you want Internet be prepared to pay close to a dollar a minute.

3. Food was poor. First, no veal. On their sister company Celebrity they proudly announce how much veal they go through. Not here. On Princess they give me veal every night! No lobster. Many people in my family like lobster and it is usually offered at least one night on a cruise. You won't find it here. Pizza was bread with some sauce and cheese on it. I don't know who they employ as chef for this outfit, but they don't know how to make a pizza. Burgers and dogs. Cold. Even when you get a hot dog off the rotating cooker it is cold. All the burgers are pre cooked and mid cruise they decided to top them with onions. That is all fine and dandy unless you are allergic to onions. When I told a cook that I couldn't eat onions he offered me a plate of onions! Ceasar salad. It was impossible to get a dark green romaine lettuce salad. They must not have romain. It was always yellow and stalky. I could go on and on about the poor quality of the food. Oh yeah, on the few occasions that they tried to entertain people in the dining room is was like it was happening in some far and distant land. It was a joke. Also service was slow.

Ship was too big. Tons of kids and babies. I'm surprised the were no dogs. Nothing was close. You had to walk all over the ship to get anything done.

Oh yeah, if you go to the burger joint, Jonny rockets, you have to pay for a a burger and fries, just for the great experience of sitting in a diner alone with the staff goofing off because there are no customers. So unless you don't care about food or service and want a kid friendly cruise, don't take this ship (or line I assume). Our group and some others we talked to all felt Princess is the best way to cruise.

Publication Date: 06/29/11