Carnival Victory Cruise Review by anjanetted

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Experience with Carnival Victory!!!!
My family and I were on the Carnival Vicory that sailed on June 12th. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish!! My husband and I had been on one cruise before but it was a first for our three children. I had read many reviews about the trip, mostly good, and I had been planning for almost a year. There were some comments on the ship being older and such but personally I thought it was beautiful! It had an upgrade at some point and they did a great job!! As usual the people on the ship were wonderful as was the food, entertainment, etc. Everything about the ship was wonderful. My younger kids and I liked the large video screen on lido. Each night at midnight they would show a movie. We would take a pillow and blanket and get into a lounge chair. My kids would go get snacks, ice cream, hot chocolate, etc. and we would watch the movie as well as the people walking by. It constantly amazed me at the people who went by and got ice cream!! lol

I am a person that has watched a lot of different shows on different vacations and such and I have to say that we watched the show every night and each one was great! Everyone really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I also loved the comedians! Of course my husband and I went to the adult shows. Not much offends me and I thought they were really fully, but if you are easily offended please do not go to these shows!!

We went to San Juan on Friday and hung out there until Sunday night. We enjoyed that also. We used Rocalize tours and hiked, zip lined, and lunched in the rain forest. They were great. For a better review of that you can go to Trip Advisor. I did a more indepth review. At night we just roamed the area we were in, we were staying at the Radisson Ambassador, and there was plenty going on around the hotel. On Sunday we took our stuff to boat and had a quick, easy check in. We then left the boat and took the trolly to Morrow Fort. We then walked back down the the boat since Old San Juan was so beautiful, and it was all down hill!!

We went back to the boat for dinner and enjoyed the send off dance!

Our first stop was St. Thomas! Here we went scuba diving at Coki Beach. We used Coki Beach Dive Club and it as great. They even had a program for my 8 year old daughter who had never been. The beach was beautiful!! After several hours we asked our Taxi driver to take us to another beach so we could see something else. He took us to Morning Star Beach and we stayed there another two hours.

The second stop was Barbados. Though some of the taxi drivers didn't want to take us to The Boat Yard, (the literally tried to talk us out of going), we went and had a great time!.. They tried to tell me that I didnt want to go there because I had to pay to go onto the beach. I knew this anyway and my kids wanted to do the rope swing and stuff. When we got there we did pay 12 each but this got us beach chairs and an umbrella, one drink each, use of all equipment, and the taxi ride back!! We felt it was a great deal.

Our third stop was St. Lucia and here we took the Spencer Ambrose beach break tour. It was beautiful boating around the island. We stopped at Joulise Beach which was great. Best snorkeling of our trip! They also gave us all the drink we wanted and fed us a great lunch.

Next, we stopped at St. Kitts. Beautiful also. We went to Friars Bay. Had a great little bar with monkeys and mongoose running around. Beach had a lot of black and from the lava rock and it did get hot. My daughter had her hair braided here on the beach by a local. It has been two weeks and they are still in!

Our final stop was St. Maarten! Again,,beautiful!! We took taxi to Orient Beach.. Our driver let us off at La String. This beach was more crowded and there was a lot going on. Several people were topless and at the end of the beach was totally nude. The little bar was nice and the drinks were fairly cheap though.

Our debarkation was also fast and easy. No problems!!

The only thing that did run into more of an expense than we figured was the cost of the Taxi's on some Islands. Most would charge per person and there was a couple of days that for we five, we were out around 60 dollars. Luckily this was only two days because the other days our tours usually took care of the rides.

This was one of the most memorable trips we have ever had!! Thanks Carnival!!

Publication Date: 06/28/11