Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by nylbrain: Fabulous Pacific Jewel

Fabulous Pacific Jewel

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Other

Have just returned from an 8 day trip to Noumea on the Pacific Jewel. After reading quite a few bad reviews was a bit apprehensive but needn't have worried as it was great. Food was good and plentiful, ship was clean, staff were marvelous and so happy in their jobs, and we went to quite a few of the shows and were very impressed.

We ate most of our meals in the Plantation Restaurant, which is self service, but there was so much to choose from. We ate a couple of times in the Waterfront Restaurant and the food was of an excellent quality.

The ports of call were really good, Noumea, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines.

Take some money with you to the last 2 as the local islanders set up market stalls and sell souvenirs, food, coconuts and we could have even got a massage on Mystery Island. The weather was good and the water lovely and warm for swimming and snorkeling.

If you are looking for somewhere nice in Noumea to grab a coffee I can highly recommend More Le bout du monde, which overlooks Port Moselle marina just across from the morning market....they do a great cappuccino.

One thing I would recommend is that you take a watch and/or travel clock as there aren't many clocks around the ship and as I had switched my mobile off, I was always wondering what the time was so that I wouldn't be late for any of the activities.

If anyone wants any more information about the ship, I am happy to oblige. Less

Read more Pacific Jewel cruise reviews >>