Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by larry_kak: Freedom of the Seas ROCKS

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas ROCKS

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I coordinated a group of three couples all related. There were no kids and all of us are 55 or older. My wife and I are experienced RCI cruisers so I opted for Freedom of the Seas. All of us had D1 staterooms.

We used the main dining room on all nights except one and we selected Chops that night. I thought the food in the main dining room was very good and Chops FABULOUS.

Embarkation was easy and we were in the Windjammer before we knew it enjoying that first buffet. We used the Windjammer each day for breakfast. It did start getting a bit routine and we thought of using the main dining room toward the end of the cruise.

The pools are great and were crowded, and there are the issues of trying to save deck chairs but RCI staff was helpful as well.

There is a myriad of activities for anyone at any time.

The shows were all great especially the ice show. Do NOT fail to line up for tickets for the ice show when they become available. The only More real issue was elevator availability. Sometimes the waits were frustratingly long. I often observed early teens and younger riding the elevators even after the 1AM curfew.

Overall a very good family ship with really good entertainment in the evenings. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

We had a D1 on the "hump" and could see in both directions. I liked that.

This is a great beach location. Take the water taxi to the beaches. We walked a little bit to a places called Lizzie's and could get two chairs, and umbrella, and two bottles of water and free wi-fi for 10.00

If you are going to shop on St. Thomas, know your prices. I found I could do just as well in the shops on board. Much ado was made of the discounts and the various merchants but in my opinion it failed to pass muster. The best pictures of the island are from Paradise Point.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews