Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by JenMcB: Back To Earth With A Bang!

JenMcB
0 Post

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Back To Earth With A Bang!

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Las Palmas

I have been spoiled for holidays for life! Nothing is ever going to compare to a cruise! From start to finish everything was absolutely amazing. I honestly couldn't fault anything.

As first time cruisers, Mum & I had no idea what to expect. And as a poor traveller, I was more than slightly concerned about sea sickness to say the least. Total waste of worry! Very rarely did we ever feel any movement at all!

The food was amazing. The choice in the Windjammer was astounding. If anyone whinged that there was nothing for them, then they are born whingers! There was everything you could think of. The Great Gatsby was wonderful. Our waiter, Roberto, was one of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met. Always a smile when he saw you.

We had an oceanview large stateroom which was great. Everyone kept telling me to be prepared for how small the rooms are, but I can honestly say that I have stayed in smaller hotel rooms in London! And our Stateroom More Attendant, Steven, was fab. Such a nice guy, and the room was always spotless and tidy. And he defo made the best towel animals I've ever seen! lol!

Every member of staff we came across on the boat was fantastic. Always happy and ready for a chat with a smile. It makes such a difference to a holiday.

The entertainment was great too. The shows weren't West End shows by any stretch of the imagination, but who's complaining?! They were still great, and a lot of hard work and dedication went into them. We went and saw something different every night, and it defo kept us entertained!

I honestly can't fault one thing from my experience. If I was going to be very picky, the only thing would be that I gained a few dress sizes whilst I was there! lol! ;) Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 4018

All great! Loads of storage space. Hangers plentiful, drawers loads. Great bathroom and everything!

Lovely place. Found it a bit hard to get around though, and managed to get very, very lost!!! Bus station is quite a bit away from all the best places to be, so make sure to wear your walking shoes. Lots of great architecture to see.

Gibraltar was defo my fav stop of the cruise. The port is really close to town, so easily walkable. My Mum can't walk any distance, so we jumped on a local shuttle, which only cost a few pounds. It left us off at the main square beside the high street, and picked you up there as well.

Great mixture of normal high street shops, and some amazing local retailers as well. Everything was great value for money, and all the locals were so friendly. Can't wait to go back!!!

The one thing I will say is don't take ANY food ANYWHERE near those monkeys! No-one on our coach did, but some woman let her kid get out of a car with an ice-cream and a monkey jumped on the womans back and swung off her bra straps trying to get at the kids ice-cream! As scared as the woman and her kid must have been, I have never laughed so hard in my life! As we drove off back down the rock, the monkey was sitting on a wall eating the ice-cream! Soooo funny!

Such a lovely place. Had totally the wrong picture of it in my mind! Lots of lovely little winding streets to explore. Gets unbelievably hot in the afternoon though.

Read 39 Ibiza Reviews