Carnival Victory Cruise Review by ivanna6948: This will be my last Carnival Cruise

ivanna6948
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

This will be my last Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Embarkation was smooth and easy. After lunch on the Lido deck, our luggage was waiting for us at our cabin. The cabin was roomy, with lots of storage, but no refrigerator. Joey, our steward was very attentive.

Monday was a sea day. Choices of entertainment ... smokey casino, but I don't gamble, reading by the pool, but I can't find a lounge, I hate LOUD music, and I'm not fond of screaming kids. The "serenity deck" is a joke. The music is just as loud there. This was the first time I was ever bored on a cruise.

The rest of the week was better because the ports of call were good and the excursions enjoyable, but once again, nothing to do when back on the ship. Adult entertainment doesn't start until 9 PM and I'm not a late night person, so I didn't see a single show. Screaming kids woke us up each night when they ran down the hall. Then we were awakened again when boisterous adults returned to their cabins. I agree with a review I read that called this ship the Walmart of More the Sea. Lots of rude people.

The worst part of this ship is the buffet. Instead of having food stations that you can directly go to for the food of your choice, passengers are forced into two lines, cafeteria style. The lines are long, long, long. My husband's main complaint was that it is a hard ship to navigate. Only decks 3 & 5 go through end to end, and the elevators are terrible. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>