Ruby Princess Cruise Review by nojoke

Member Name: nojoke
Cruise Date: May 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: BD
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Excellent Ruby cruise
Several passengers on the May 1 transatlantic voyage, as well as European itineraries, on the Ruby had some very negative things to say.

First of all, let me say that my husband and I don't require a lot of "service" so maybe we shouldn't even comment on the "service" on the Ruby--but I will anyhow!

Our room steward for our balcony room was so very friendly and accommodating. He brought us an "eggcrate" mattress topper (which we feel is needed on any Princess--my only negative comment) as soon as we asked for it. He always had our room clean and ready for us when we returned.

Anytime dining is our choice. We prefer to "share" with other passengers--the conversations are one of the things we look forward to--and meeting interesting, well-traveled people. We never encountered a rude waiter in 15 nights--and although we did not buy the drinks they were offering, they did not act rude to us. Nobody was pushy trying to sell any events or services. The food was very good. That being said, you must know that I am not a very good cook--so any meal away from home is a treat! We are vegetarians and found that even if the vegie choice was not to our liking, they always were happy to make a plate of vegies of our choice--with no grumbling. Last year we sailed RCCL and the food was no better--actually less choices.

We both used our internet privileges--a lovely Princess benefit to Platinum members. We had a laptop and preferred to do our e-mail in our room--so never encountered an uncaring internet attendant.

One review complained about the size of their balcony--saying they could see bigger ones. Give me a break--they had gotten a free upgrade (which we have never had) from OV to balcony! Our balcony was large enough for 2--how much space do 2 people need?

The theater is what it is--some nights we did arrive 1/2 hr. early--but other times, we chose another venue--and always managed to get in to see what we wanted to see. Some people brought their I-pads to the theater, or a book to entertain themselves as they waited.

Relax, people, this is a vacation.

Too much walking on an excursion! Read the description before you leave home.

O.K., I've vented enough. We are already booked on another Princess cruise--even though we do continue to check other lines as well for the future. Princess consistently offers the most value for the money.

Publication Date: 06/28/11