Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jennym1: Scruffs tours!

jennym1
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Baltic Sea Cruises

Scruffs tours!

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

The Baltic is an incredible destination. All the cities are fabulous although Copenhagen, Helskinki and Stockholm are very expensive but as you are only visiting them for a day that does not matter. The highlights were Tallin, which we wandered through on our own and was charming, St Petersburg the most amazing place ever and the place I want to go back to - Stockholm. We took the NCL tours of St Petersburg, Helskini and Stockholm and found them excellent with good guides and small numbers. We booked early on line and enjoyed good discounts.

The ship was fine and our cabin steward Luis was excellent but we found the service elsewhere especially in the Seven Seas restaurant patchy at best for the first part of our holiday, The buffet was small and badly designed so difficult to get to. Other guests did not help. I suspect that owing to the Americans not visiting Europe that the cruise was discounted in Germany as a lot of guests embarked at Wandemundeand made up at least a More quarter of the guests and they are not known for their queuing skills. I had a bad experience in the buffet and in Seven Seas restaurant, so much so that I had discussions with the Restaurant Manager. I had informed NCL of my problem but try as I could it did not get resolved until day 3 at this meeting. Susanne the Restaurant Manager was great and so was Tanberg D Sousaz who took me under his wing in the Four Seasons restaurant and who really saved the day. My food was OK and they really tried but my husband found the lack of choice, indifferent cooking and lack of imagination difficult. It seemed we were being lead towards the speciality restaurants which added up pricewise and most people we spoke to said they were not worth the extra. Not good

The emergency drill was a farce in 4 different languages with people strolling in 20 minutes late oblivious to the fact that it was compulsory. We also found that Freestyle on this voyage meant not one changed clothes and a lot of the passengers dowdy and scruffy at all times. I felt overdressed one night as I was wearing a pink dress!

The entertainment was not in our opinion up to the standard we have had on other ships although Two for the Road and the trio in the Observation Bar were excellent.

Not the best ship experience we have had but as the previous correspondent said - Thank god for the destinations. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 6304

We did a tour from the cruise ship on the way home. Good value and seeing the little mermaid, royal palace , the canals and city was lovely. Very expensive though for food

What can you say. You have to research what you want to see and prioritise. We did a tour of the ship - seeing the city through the eyes of the Russians which was amazing. Did a long day of imperial Russia where we visited Peterdof, the St Peter and Paul fortress and the Church of the Spilt Blood - amazing and unmissable

Do go around on your own. The old town is beautiful and we were able to catch the changing of the guard at midday.

A charming fairy tale of a town. Easily walk-able and do go independently. There is a hop on hop of bus or like us you could get a taxi to point out the must sees.
Read 352 Tallinn Reviews