Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by TravelinTchr

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by TravelinTchr
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: TravelinTchr
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Chillin' in New England and Canada on Enchantment
My husband and I just returned from a lovely time on our 9-night cruise to New England and Canada onboard Royal Carribean's "Enchantment of the Seas" which sailed from Baltimore. We have sailed out of Baltimore several times before, and we find it very easy to get to that port with minimal hassle.

We arrived to the port around noon and as in the past found the embarkation process very easy, and the folks that were working to be very congenial and helpful. We were on board by around 12:30 or 1:00. We went to our rooms which were ready. The wine that I had ordered for the cabin was there waiting and the delicious red-velvet cupcakes arrived shortly afterward.

Our cruise ports of call included Portland, ME, Bar Harbor, ME, Saint John, NB, Halifax, NS, and then a stop in Boston, MA as we headed back south. We were very lucky to have picture-perfect weather in most of the ports of call. We had some pretty rough weather en route, and the last stop in Boston was a little dreary, but we had a great time, regardless and beautiful days in the other ports of call.

The ship itself, seems to be pretty well maintained despite her age. Our cabin was very clean, and our cabin steward, Francina, did an excellent job making the room, maintaining clean towels, providing ice and wine glasses, and creating precious towel animals. We did notice a sewer-like odor prior to sailing on the muster deck, and then once a smell in our cabin the first or second day, but the crew worked diligently at finding the cause and repairing the issue, and must have successfully done so, because I really didn't notice any smell after the first couple of days.

Dining service was great and the food was good. Our waiters Putu and Pinto were fabulous, and were always bending over backwards to please. It didn't take them long to figure out which wine I enjoyed with dinner. We were blessed with fun table mates whom we were able to talk to and relate to easily.

As far as activities, my dh and I didn't always participate. We tend to just relax, and can be happy with simply finding a quiet corner and enjoying the gentle rocking of the ship on the ocean. We did attend and enjoyed the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle, and "Erky from Turkey" was there to lead our little gathering, at which they provided delicious canapes and fruit punch. I played one round of Bingo and donated a few bucks to the slots in the casino. We did do a little bit of music trivia, and I even mustered up a little nerve to do a song for karaoke.

I feel like all of the crew onboard the Enchantment really go out of their way to make sure people feel comfortable and welcome. Captain Gus was also very involved and visible, and seemed to be very personable. Carly and Erky were so down-to-earth, as well as all of the activities coordinators. Stephanie and Milah in the spa did a wonderful job, as we even visited them a couple of times. It's so hard to start naming individuals, because inevidibly, I end up leaving somebody out, and everybody who works on that ship, has an important role and special gift in making sure that their guests are happy.

Upon returning, we did self-assist disembarkation, which was as easy as falling off of a log. If you travel lightly, and are able to do that, it's very easy, and you don't have to search for your luggage which is mixed in with everybody else's luggage, and which may look exactly like your own.

Publication Date: 06/28/11