Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by jreich: Grand Cayman/Cozumel cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

Grand Cayman/Cozumel cruise

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

This was our first cruise and as many of you out there, there are alot of questions and reviews we researched to make sure this cruise would be both ideal money wise and fun, this cruise was very fun and the port's we docked in were great and memorable. Alot of the reviews we read previously said the staff were rude and the embarkation was a mess, this was totally not our experience. Everywhere we went the staff was always pleasant and we got on the ship from the Tampa port of call which was fast and easy and we were eating lunch on the lido deck at noon but I do recommend getting there around 11 am to board as many had stated. I do want to make one thing clear as it was not clear to us when we got on the ship, the sail and sign cards are directly linked to your credit card and anytime you make a purchase it puts a hold on your debit or credit card, so if you were planning to use your direct deposit to pay for things as I did because I read they don't charge your card till you More disembark then you will be in trouble, you cannot use cash to buy drinks or gifts only in the casino!! We still had fun but we couldn't drink the last few days of the cruise because we used the money up that I had initially.

Port of Call: Grand Cayman

We arrived in Grand Cayman at 8 am (7 am Grand Cayman time) we had to take a tenner in to get to the dock which was easy, we had booked a shore excursion through Captain Marvins which I would totally recommend, their boats are very clean, staff very pleasant, and the staff make your experience with stingray island most memorable, and the price is right only $35/per person, they dive down and bring up stingrays, they show you how to hold and kiss the stingrays and they have a professional photographer taking pictures. The excursion's booked through carnival were overpacked and the boat they went on were dirty and old because they were next to us at stingray island. After the Stingray island we went snorkeling in coralreef gardens, amazing, and beautiful!!!

Port of Call: Cozumel

We booked an excursion through carnival called beach and snorkel party, which was less expensive then most of the excursions offered by carnival, it was $65/per person. You board a sailboat and they take you snorkeling in the beautiful cozumel water and then you go to their private island for blow up slides in the water, trampolines, and the most important part, all the marquerita's and beer are included in the price, their were quite a few people on this excursion but the boat was very clean and the staff was very pleasant and funny too! We then went shopping in cozumel after our excursion and got some good buys, don't forget to bargain!

The ship: The ship is very clean and well kept, the staff is always cleaning something, the only downfalls I would say is there i only one pool that is always packed full and you cannot get in there and they have 3 hot tubs, two which are located in the serenity area which were nice and easy to find space away from the crowds. The food in the dining room was mostly good but some nights I wish there was different options. The lobster on lobster night was fantastic and you can have as many as you want! You can order room service at anytime, or you can go to the lido decks for buffet style-always tons of food!

-Well, I hope this helps, I would recommend this ship, but they need to change the shows a little bit! Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Oceanview Main M225

The cabin was a little smaller then I expected, the shower was great, the water pressure was really good!

Cozumel was great, the water is gorgeous and the shopping is great!

Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was my favorite, it was beautiful, stingray island was great!