Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by zoom48

Member Name: zoom48
Cruise Date: June 2011
Cabin Category: 4E

Carnival Liberty June 18-25-2011
I'll try to make this short. I know I read lots of reviews when determining which boat to go on this year and I got tired of reading. First I think its important to know what kind of person is writing a "review" and second "reviews" are just opinions and so this is my opinion.

My wife and I are just an average family, not wealthy by no means, and not used to being waited on . We work hard all year so we can afford a vacation. Our kids are out of the house now so its only us.

We left from Miami and embarkation went very smooth. We boarded around 12:30 and went straight to the buffet on Liddo deck 9 the only buffet. Very crowed with people trying to find tables. They have buffet on 2 sides with the same food on each. The area is so crowded that its just a mess is all I can say. The food was average, on the buffet every day. I got tired of eating chicken tenders by the end of the week. They were good and so was the hamburgers. The other meats were tough and no flavor and the deserts were like cardboard. The thing that was the worse for us was the cigarette smoke. Even though smoking was not allowed in eating area, the smoke from outside was coming into it. Also the shirt policy wasn't enforced in the eating area. I for one don't like hairy body people walking around in food lines. That is fine outside in the pool area, but not where I'm eating. I eat at home without a shirt all the time but not out. Ok. that should have covered the buffet. Now the smoking issue. We have been on 2 cruised before this one , RCI and Celebrity. Neither of them allow smoking like this ship does. I mean there is smoke everywhere on this boat outside and most of the areas inside. We both get headaches from smoke so that is an issue to me. We wanted to go and play a trivia game one day but there was smoking like crazy inside the room. The casino is always full of smoke. Ok, now you know I didn't like the smoke.

The Main Dining Room> food was average on first night then it was really great after that. The service there was awesome , they did rush you a bit but we did the early dining at 6 pm and they had another seating at 8pm.

The servers in Emmiles buffet on liddo deck didn't one time ask to fill your drink or get anything for you, they were pretty much just cleaners. On Celebrity and Royal C the servers always came by and ask to go fill you drink and such. Not that they had to or I expected it, but it was nice.

I'll sum this up quick now. If smoking doesn't bother you and you don't mind a very overbooked crowed ship then you will enjoy this boat. If you don't mind waiting in food lines for 15 mins and then looking for a table for 10 then this is your boat. I said a lot of negative things but my wife and I still enjoyed ourselves. Just being together was nice.

Oh yea, the Entertainment .. In the showroom the Liberty dancers were really not any better than most high school dance teams. Very weak performances. One night was a "soul" night and the guy was really good. One night was a juggler and he was awesome, great show.

The Comedy Club > The Punch Line was great. Thomas Brown was one of the best we have ever seen . GREAT.

Publication Date: 06/27/11