Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by blondey040300: Surprise birthday cruise for my son's 11th Bday

blondey040300
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Surprise birthday cruise for my son's 11th Bday

Sail Date: March 2011

This was a very last minute trip for us. My sons 11th birthday was April 3rd and two weeks prior we still had nothing planned. At the last minute I decided to look up cruises for the heck of it and see if there were any decent deals. We lucked out and they had a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas for the weekend of my sons birthday. Unfortunately my husband was unable to go and it ended up being just the two of us.

We had the BEST time ever! I had cruised twice before but this was a first for my son. Boarding the ship was super easy we were in our cabin in no time at all. Our cabin was perfect for the two of us we were quite comfortable not to mention you didn't hear a single thing at night it was very quiet and very smooth we didn't feel a thing either. Our room was spotless (I even packed cleaning wipes just in case...didn't need to use them). The room steward made sure everything was perfect every single time we left our room. We would come back to a spotless room with More fresh ice and glasses. The shower was a touch small but in the big scheme of things after the first day I didn't really care :)

The ship was beyond what I had expected as I said I had taken two previous cruises and this ship blew me away. Every single inch of the ship was spotless and throughout our cruise you would ALWAYS see people cleaning and wiping everything down and everyone said hello as you passed by. I kept telling my husband when returned home that the only way you really knew that you were on a cruise ship was if you went outside and saw the water...if you were inside you felt as if you were in a beautiful resort. Everything is done in granite and marble and again spotless. The bars were beautiful and full every night. I was traveling with my son so I didn't get to take advantage of the bars or casino..but they all looked great and people seemed to be having a wonderful time.

The dining room was amazing with three levels it was HUGE. Beautifully decorated. We had the 6:00pm dinner which worked out perfect for us. Our wait staff was excellent. Our food every night was excellent and the fact that Marco and the other staff knew all of our names by the 2nd night and had a pretty good idea of our likes and dislikes sold me pretty quickly. On the 3rd evening I went to get up to cut my sons steak for him and Marco and the other waiter told me to sit ...they went around and cut all the kids at the tables food for them and basically told the parents to sit, eat and relax. They were extremely attentive. We ate breakfast and dinner in the dining room everyday. Everything was great. We ate at Johnny Rockets for lunch twice...very good...worth the extra few dollars..my son LOVED it. We also ate at Cafe Promenade one afternoon and we had sandwiches and pizza both were ver good. I got my son the soda package which was worth EVERY penny. I drank bottled water everyday and it worked out great.

Even with 5 days on the ship we didn't see everything but here were some highlights:

The pool was great...always able to find a chair...my son LOVED the whirlpools and the pool. He also liked the contests that they did. He even joined in one of the dances on deck. He had a great time. I enjoyed the pool and was very easy to relax they played music and had a band that was very good. We usually stayed at the pool until 1:30 or so and the we would have lunch.

The theater was very nice and we saw two shows that we both enjoyed very much.

I took my son to the arcade every night...he LOVED it. He made friends with the other kids at our dining table so each night we would take the kids to the arcade to play. We went ice skating with our new friends and had a blast.

The weather was PERFECT our entire trip. When we went to Cozumel we did the Beach Party excursion that was great. There was literally 100 different things to do and the kids had a BLAST!

The staff on the ship was excellent! Everyone was friendly and helpful. Embarking and disembarking were a breeze.

I came home and when my husband asked how the trip was...my reply: There isn't one single thing that I can complain about...It was perfect!

Not to mention it was a great bonding experience for me and my son. He will always remember his 11th bday cruise and the great time we had! Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2

Excellent cabin, great view, very clean, very quiet, huge closet and was able to store luggage under the bed for extra room.

We had only one stop and it was in Cozumel, Mexico. We decided to do the Beach Break Party. We were picked up on an air conditioned charter bus and taken to the beach/park. It was huge and very beautiful. They had everything that you could think of to do..snorkeling, kayaking, water trampolines, parasailing. Lots and lots to do. They had a HUGE covered area where they served a ton of different varieties of mexican food...very good. They have tons and tons of chairs and umbrellas. All the food and drinks are included and you can have as much as you want. Alcoholic beverages also. It was a great day. We enjoyed it very much.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews